Monday 7 September 2020

Monday - another week.

I do think Blogger could have waited with this new stuff for a while.  I am back on the old one.  I cannot resize my photos on the new one.

Two Badgers last night.  


So today was me going into Tescos.  Not been in a shop since March.  Sorted the mask out.  Got into the shop and headed for the clothes.  Desperate for some new footwear so I do not feel every stone, pebble or sand grain.   I walk as if on hot coals.

So I have hearing aids, oxygen cannula and mask round my lugs.  My ears are as small as I am.......  I know masks do not affect your oxygen sats but my temperature shot up or so it felt.  I sat to try on size 4 anything in the foot covering.  Nowt comfortable.  So a handbag that I  would be able to find things in, so smaller than the one I have.  Tick.  Dont like it but then.  View the jeans.  Too hot.  I then remember I hate shopping in shops for clothes.  Exit. I am a total idiotic wreck.

Weather today is good.  Sunshine, slight breeze and warm.

Prom.





Boats.



Surf School.  The chap who runs this now has split the attendees into ages and abilities.  Which makes sense.

I walked.  Which is one of the reasons I go to the Prom!

Back home.  Interesting behaviour from our Great Spotted Woodpeckers.  Young ones in particular.




He/she was having a drink and sat down each time afterwards!

Never tire of bird watching.

Tomorrow I have a personal carer at 10.30.  no idea who.  

At 1.30 the cleaning company come.  I would like them to clean our leather suite and concentrate on the sitting room.  I will disappear down the Shedudio.  I am now stressing out as to how much de-cluttering I need to do.  They clean, not tidy.  I remember that from previous dealings with cleaners.

Onward and upward.


9 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

I hate shopping for clothes, I get wound up even before I head to the shops and usually stomp out in a foul mood! grrrr! My poor long suffering husband ha ha ha

Chris said...

I'm with you on clothes shopping. Haven't bought anything new (except for socks and underwear) since well before lockdown.

Just Because said...

Yes, I don't know why I always remember shopping as more fun than it really is.

I get there and trek around and then wonder why I don't do the shopping online? Old habits are hard to lose.

Marjorie said...

Hugs. I also hate clothes shopping. I am sorry you couldn't find any shoes that fit.

Anonymous said...

Try Moshulu for shoes. On line but I find very comfortable and they are good for bright colours.

I find being asthmatic very difficult to wear a mask in shops.

Keep safe.
Sue Grant.

crafty cat corner said...

I'm desperate for new bra's and Tom want trousers, neither of us want to go and shop for these or anything else come to that.
Just the thought of going into the cubicle and undressing and then trying on makes me hot, lol
We've tried online and it doesn't work, more goes back than stays and that's an aggravation we can do without.
Love the little woodpecker.
Briony
x

Karla said...

I am with you on this, Jill! I don't care to shop in stores for clothes, well, for anything at all, really. I've believed for a long time that if I could never have to leave the house to shop, I would be so happy. And here we are, with good reason never to leave the house! Years ago I considered shopping as "therapy." Nope! Not any more. And birds? I could gush for hours about my love for them, and I so enjoy your pictures of your birds and your paintings!

Tigger's Mum said...

What a cute little woodpecker!

vic said...

You mean you can actually find size 4 shoes in stores?!! How wonderful to be able to do that. I wear size 4's and they are truly nonexistent in the town where I Iive-----might be possible in a bigger place. I order all mine from a few catalogs that carry small and really big sizes. It's the pits! Not a huge selection and you really can't tell whether you like the look or the fit until it's come and if it's not acceptable there is all the bother of sending it back---not to mention the shipping costs both ways.