Thursday 2 July 2020

Smiling.

When I am marching up and down the Prom I smile at everyone I pass.  Some smile back and ask 'Fit like?'  Which means how are you.  Others look away confused.  But the next time I pass them on another day they smile first.  Remember the Spike Milligan poem?


Smiling is infectious
You can catch it like the flu
When someone smiled at me today
I started smiling too
I walked around the corner
And someone saw me grin
When he smiled I realised
I had passed it on to him
I thought about the smile
And then realised its worth
A single smile like mine
Could travel round the earth
So if you feel a smile begin
Don’t leave it undetected
Start an epidemic
And get the world infected.

Much better than Corona.
We met a couple of friends today on the Prom.  Not arranged.  Just did.  So nice to chat.

I had done my walk back and forth.  So I had gone to sit in the car with the window open.  The other man's partner had also gone back to their car to warm up.  It was a tad cool today.
Didnt put off the Surf school lot.


The Gull Gang were coming and going.




Boats to ing and fro ing.
Then tonight I made the biggest smile.
Apart from smiling remember to always look up.  Just dont trip up .








6 comments:

RunNRose said...

Hello from Texas. Nightmare land right now! Yes, smiles are infectious. And, I find that not being able to share smiles is the
hardest part of wearing masks. I don't go out often, but when I do, and I encounter others, I would like for them to know I am smiling at them. Thank you for your blog. I love your pictures of the sea. And your art!

mamasmercantile said...

I just love the idea of smiling been an infection, I am smiling so hopefully this will be the start of a pandemic. Always nice to catch up with friends.

crafty cat corner said...

I love Spike poems, I used to read them to my kids.
You're so right about smiling at people, it works most of the time and make you feel better inside.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. I love the picture of the big sky smile!

And the poem too! Thank you for sharing.

From the Midwest of America

(we have the virus too)

Jean said...

I love that poem and I always smile at people I pass. Some look away but the majority smile back. You never know it might be the only smile some people get all day. The sky is beautiful.

Somewhere round about said...

Beautiful, loving the gulls! Great to put a face to a name as well x