Thursday 16 July 2020

HOT.

22 DEGREE Centigrade is very hot for this part of the world.



Making the most of it - lots of sand castles.



Just enough people to keep the Gull Gang out at sea.



There were lots of people on the Prom so I didnt walk.





Some boats.



Beautiful but hot!

Update on Sithcat.  The white thing under his tongue was bigger today so we got him into the vets.  She gave him an antibiotic jab and has booked him in for Monday for examination under anaesthetic.  I am not happy about this.  But then I didnt go to the vets.   His quality of life has not been good for some time.  Indeed some time ago another problem we were told he was too old for exploring under anaesthetic although that was his liver.  The one thing we can do for our pets is ease them on their way.  The cost is not a problem to us.  But over £300 just for him to have more pills which he hates taking and stresses him and me out.  Not sure what to do. 

Keep marching on.

8 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

What a dilemma. We were all for Rupert going to sleep if he had not recovered. We've had 2 lots of £1.500 and said that we wouldn't pay that again. We live in a state of tension with him all of the time, making sure he drinks plenty and giving him the lactulose each day.
He's such a beautiful cat and the one that we most connect to.
I do hope Sith is okay.
As you say it's not a question of the money but all the same we get ripped off by the vets every time.
Briony
x

The Weaver of Grass said...

I felt just the same with Tess as I could see her ageing visibly and I was worried about her. She sadly solved the problem for me by having a stroke. Istill miss her every day but I know I did the right think in putting an end to her suffering. Thinking of you.

Chris said...

What a dilemma for you. Hope it is resolved without too much angst.

marlane said...

I think that the main thing is to do the best that you can. If it is a major struggle to give the pills then I would not give them. When my cat Ciel died from tongue cancer I squirted pain killers in the side of her mouth and she went by herself.

Jackie said...

We had to put our 20 year old cat down this year, and it broke my heart. However it was the most loving thing we could do for her.

God bless.

Susan Zarzycki said...

So sorry about Sith. We get so attached it's hard to make the decision but sometimes we just know when it's time.💖

Sarah Dee said...

I do feel for you Jill. I said goodbye to my Jamie when he was 19, as you so rightly say, it is quality of life. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Sarah.

Beacee said...

It;s so dificult, isn't it.
Love and prayers for you all, and a hug for you x