Friday 10 July 2020

Art.

We ran a bed and breakfast for ten years.  When we retired and downsized to the house we live in now in 2011 I took up watercolour painting.  I joined various art groups in the town.  Learned a lot.  I enjoyed drawing and painting and pen and ink.  Art.  Various Art exhibitions I showed my work and sold some.  But mostly I enjoyed what I did.  As I became less able to do gardening, and other stuff I didn't need to breathe a lot to paint.  So long as I didn't hold my breath when I got to a tricky bit!


I love portraying birds.  Their poses amuse me as I try to capture them.

I am very fortunate to have my own space.


It was a Summerhouse.


2011 Viewing the house.  Saw this and that was it.  We bought the house and this came with it.


Painted, double glazing fitted and a wood burning stove.  


Hanging baskets.


Insulated and walled to hang paintings on.  Bliss.

Which brings us up to now.

I hope to continue.  The basket chair is for visitors.  I sit at the other side of the work table.  Once the lock down is over you are welcome to visit!

10 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I would love nothing better than to come and sit in your summerhouse and see your paintings for real. Maybe one day.... x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

PS I have tea with milk and no sugar!

Gail, northern California said...

Oh, how I wish I could take you up on that invitation! I would certainly be tempted to buy that painting.

The Furry Gnome said...

What a wonderful place to work!

Tink said...

Such a lovely all weathers shelter and work space - hope the attached house was nice too!

Josephine said...

I would love to visit your wonderful shedding, but it is a long way from my home in old Deventer town in the Netherlands. So I hope to keep reading about the land of the big sky and imagine the birds and the waves and the fresh sea breast. Thank you for that!
Josephine from Deventer

mamasmercantile said...

It would be a joy to visit and see the paintings for real so to speak.

The Weaver of Grass said...

What a superb 'personal' space Jill.

busybusybeejay said...

Your she dip is brilliant.My son in law has just converted a shed( much smaller than yours) into a craft space for my daughter.He has done great job,insulating it ,new flooring,paid to have power in there.It really is lovely and it is her "space".

Jean said...

Your summer house is beautiful and I love your paintings.