Saturday 9 November 2019

Mixed feelings.

Today was a day away for the DP.  He was away to the Loch of Strathbeg which is our nearest and local RSPB Nature Reserve.

As Britain's largest dune loch, Strathbeg is a vital wintering and staging post for up to a fifth of the world's pink-footed geese. It's also home to a wide variety of wetland wildlife, such as breeding terns and gulls, migrating waders and wintering wildfowl.
Read more at https://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/reserves-a-z/loch-of-strathbeg/#pUbTUEE7mSVvKUVj.99




Also Whooper Swans.

Strathbeg is about ten minutes away in a car.  So the DP was able to be there for 7 a.m. when the Pink footed Geese departed to feed.  Unfortunately this year there are not as many.  Although there are a lot more Whooper Swans.  He was able to be back here to do my breakfast.

Whenever he is away I get very anxious which makes breathing even more of a struggle.  Stupid but there you go.  He was also back to do my lunch and load me into my car so I could go to the Prom.  





A few small boats.



Lots of seaweed and a few Oystercatchers.



A well camouflaged Turnstone and two Oystercatchers.

I walked although it was bloody cold with a breeze but some sun to warm my back.





So we both had a good day in the end.  The RSPB were pleased to have more visitors to Strathbeg who were taken on walks and to hides and had photographic advice on snapping the wildlife, including Otters today.  Also the Photographic Society has signed up some new members.

And I survived.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I couldn't find the Turnstone - it was really well camouflaged!

Jackie said...

Glad to read that you survived. I can just imagine how anxious you were.

God bless.

crafty cat corner said...

I always say to Tom that stress and worry are the biggest enemies for him. We try to keep things on an even keel but it's not always possible.
Briony
x