Saturday 21 December 2019

Saturday.

Improved a bit.  Bovey Belle @ Codlins and Cream.  COPD is different to Asthma. At the stage I am at now I have about 20% lung function so when I breathe in not a lot happens. Also its tiring.  Steroids and antibiotics are in my meds drawer for chest infection which zaps my lungs even more.  Fortunately I haven't had a chest infection for some time as I don't go anywhere to pick up an infection.  This includes shops, cafes, garden centres.....et al.  A narrow life.  Hey ho.

Anyway I made it to the Prom today.  Nice clean air.  People chat but not into my face!


On the horizon so a bit blurry.  Big boat.



Two small boats.

I managed a walk.  Legs still work.


Our beautiful beach.


With the Gull Gang.


Three Blackheaded Gulls in winter plumage.  Red legs and bits of black at the side of the eye.


Black Backed Gull.  Lesser Blackbacks move elsewhere in the winter.  


Oystercatchers.


A surfer.


Turn and go back again when you fall off.


Some beach walkers.

It was bitter cold with a bit of a breeze but I walked.  And clung on to the railings and leaned forward on the railings and breathed.  Then moved on!

The DP went and collected a large bag of drugs for me, just hoping I haven't missed anything to get me through to the New Year.  Just finished taking today's pills.  So bid you all a good night.


6 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

So pleased you are feeling a bit better.You had me really worried yesterday.I have kept checking in to see if you had posts.Phew!!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Glad you have improved a bit. There is so much going around down here you are lucky to miss anything.

Ellen D. said...

Sounds like a better day for you. So glad when you can walk at the prom and post such lovely pictures! Good night and sweet dreams to you!

Tracy said...

I am so glad that you are feeling a bit better and I just wanted to say that I always enjoy your photos. They almost make me feel as if I am walking along the prom myself.

Mary said...

Happy you were able to make it back to the prom today.

Bovey Belle said...

I was worried for you too. The Surgery I used to be at really wanted me to be COPD but I knew I could still improve my lung function (and have proven this since), so I am glad I changed surgery. 20% lung function not good . . . but at least you still benefit from the sea air and getting down to the Prom. Lovely photos, as always.