Tuesday 19 March 2019

Doings of today.

Our Joiner and side kick continued with the fencing.  And finished it.  I am so pleased.




Superb job.  The old fencing has been stacked for us to use as wood for the fire, so we may have to invest in a power saw to chop it all.  The 100 Escallonia plants have been ordered and paid for which will be planted inside the fence.  Bees etc love Escallonia.  Great.

My car.  Well I would be quite happy to pay our garage man to replace the bit that may go again, but the DP said no, you need to replace the car. It is old and has high mileage, other things will go wrong.   So he is to going to look into it as I can't even think about  the stress if I did it.  I love my car....

Under my own steam me and the car made it to the Prom.


Beautiful  - the Gull Gang.


Oystercatchers, heads down, really into courtship now.



Sadly there is always a dog that clears the beach of the Gulls.


And then this jogger stopped, took off her outer garments and headed for the sea.


Kept going.


And swam!  In the North sea in March.

She did come back out.


The DP hung the refreshed Shed sign.  Looks good!


Later I watched the sky changing colour, the birds getting ready for bed.




Then settling and roosting.

So lucky to be able to watch nature.  Doing its thing.



7 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Saw the consultant today, she offered treatment in London, the side effects are so horrible that we will not be taking them up. Will just keep plodding on.
Fence looks lovely and thank goodness some of us consider the bees.
Briony
x

DUTA said...

The fence looks nice and profesionally made!
Perhaps the surfer has some health issue and it helps her dip into the cold water. Who knows?

wherethejourneytakesme said...

That is a great job he has made of you fence. Was the middle part of the lady the pattern on her swimsuit or tattoos? Just curious!

kjsutcliffe said...

That is a handsome fence - your new hedge will look good there :)

I don't even swim in the sea during the summer - just.too.damn.cold for me!

Jules said...

The fence is a job well done. You must be relieved.
North Sea swimming in March?! No thank you. She must be a hardy soul. X

Catriona said...

We have an escalliona hedge inside our boundary wall and it grew quite fast. It’s good and jaggy to repel the local secondary pupils who used to try walking on the wall on their way hime! I hate shopping for cars now although I used to be well known for my sporty models. My car is four years old and DH is mithering about it needing changed ( he drives it a lot now we have the motorhome) Not a chance-I love that wee car and it’s perfectly fine for our needs. Lovely photos of the sea as usual.

mamasmercantile said...

The woman is certainly hardy, all credit to her but not for me.