Saturday 16 March 2019

Don't rain on my Parade.

But it did.  All day, and still pouring.

The DP and I paraded up and down in the supermarket aisles.  I avoid supermarkets, any shops really, as that's humanity in hordes and often equals air born germs.  But we had 2 money off vouchers which had to be used today.  As the DP was in search of new clothing, variety of, and I went for a black t shirt.  We were both successful.  I did not get the black t shirt.  But 2 stripey ones and some pink jeans, and some canvas shoes. For when I can give up the boots.....I think the DP wished he had gone alone!




My Parade.  From car to railings and back to car.


Not a soul in sight.  


Just the birds.


On the left of the gathered birds is a Lesser Black Backed Gull.  Returning from elsewhere for the Summer.  The Great Black Backed Gulls have now departed to breed away from towns.


Skurries.


Grey rain.


More grey rain.

In the Shedudio stove lit and an experiment.


This is a slate coaster we no longer use.


Yesterday I covered it with watercolour ground.


Then today I applied watercolour paint.  And it worked!  Lots more to do.  See how we go!

Outside the window was drama.





Dyson our alpha male Pheasant displaying to a most disinterested female!


'Our' field is being ploughed.  With the ever present accompanying Gulls.  How do they know?  Do hear the tractor?  See the tractor?  But come they do.

So although it rained there was still a parade.

5 comments:

Jean said...

You were brave to go out in that weather. Glad your shopping was successful. I don't blame you for avoiding supermarkets as much as possible.

mamasmercantile said...

Worth getting wet to breathe in the sea air and admire the beauty. Glad you had a successful shopping trip.

The Weaver of Grass said...

The rain on the windows sums up how it was here too.
I like the idea of the slate and shall be interested to see how you develop it. Like the idea of pink trousers too!

janipi said...

That looks like proper rain. It made a great effect on the photos.

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

Same weather here in Yorkshire - will it ever stop - hope so as we venture up to Scotland this week. Sounds like you had a successful shopping trip.
The slate looks intersting - we have a crateful left over from the new cottage roof - maybe I will give it a go!