Thursday 14 March 2019

Thursday.

Third lot of antibiotics begun and already I am seeing an improvement.  Good.

Thursday is big shop day so the DP was away to do it.

After lunch the Prom.



The Sun is still with us, as is the wind.  I was fine until the odd moment a cloud came over and then it was cold, oh was it cold.



The Gull Gang in the Kessock Burn where it meets the sea.



Herring Gulls,



Over to the left, by the rocks beneath the caravan park, the Oystercatchers.



The one at the front has a load of bling on its legs,  having been ringed.  The DP is sending my photo off to those in the know who will tell who did the ringing and where.



Skurries, (Herring Gulls).




Blackheaded Gulls.

Loved that there were so many birds around today.

Then to the Shedudio, my sanctuary.  Now I have the big windows and more glass in the doors,  as the sun moves round I am finding it difficult to paint as the sun hits me in the eyes.  I wear a golf visor, or lid as I call it, but it doesn't really work.  So I have purchased a couple of roller blinds for the doors.  Tomorrow the DP is to fix them up.  He blames all his lack of DIY skills on the fact he is left handed.....  Watch this space.

Just remembered.  Tomorrow I take my monthly pill.  For Osteopenia.  Which means I have to get up and have it at 7 a.m., then sit for an hour then I can have my breakfast.  All these pills.  Confused.com. says it all.


8 comments:

Catriona said...

Glad the antibiotucs are now working, Jill. The light looks very good today-we have had some very dark and dreich weather. It’s now cold and we await the snow.

Terra said...

Hey, I am a leftie too, and we have various things that are hard to do, in this right handed world. So your dear one has a good point.

Catsngrams said...

So glad you are feeling better. We had sun here today and our 13 inches of snow has begun to melt. 60 degrees F by next week. What is Mother Nature thinking?
Carla

Jules said...

I'm relieved the antibiotics are finally working for you and you are noticing a difference.
It's always a joy to see your photographs of the prom, especially the Oystercatchers. X

kjsutcliffe said...

So that is where the sunshine has gone! to your sea and studio. Actually I have the same low-sun-in-the-eyes issues as you do in spring and autumn when the sun is lower, we've resorted to blinds too.
And as for being left handed - tell the DP that Lefties are in great demand but there is a limited supply! (PS I'm cack-handed too :D )

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to read the antibiotics are starting to kick in finally. Hope all goes well with fitting the blinds.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

That is a great excuse for the DIY - it could easily extend to chopping veg and cooking! Glad the anti's are working for you now and you will be back to your usual self in no time.
I wonder if the bird with the bling feels a bit like an 'A' lister celeb strutting around or maybe hasn't even noticed.

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better. Would be interesting to find out about the ringed oyster catcher. Our son is left handed and also finds DIY difficult.