Thursday 21 March 2019

Three score years and ten.

Whew, never thought I would make it this far!

I slapped the Oil of Ulay on the wrinkles, painted me nails, and drove to the Prom.



The Kessock Burn has done a big carving job.  Deep cut out of the  sand.


Gulls still find it.


Mainly Herring Gulls but more and more Lesser Black Back Gulls appearing.


Back home and birdwatching from the Shedudio.  Here is our alpha male Pheasant Dyson.


I was continuing the Daily Sketch challenge today and did a Teasel.


Really enjoying the drawing, from life.  My paintings are all from photographs.


My gift from the DP was a pack of canvases.  Huge canvases.....




A gift from one of my daughters.  Personalised!

I had a good day.  My carer asked how old I was and I replied, "7 - you add the two figures up."  Her reply was "I am no good at Maths...."  "7 add a zero."  "Ahhh 70."  " No - 7."


Three score years and ten.  I doubt she would know what a score is!


19 comments:

Joan (Devon) said...

Happy Birthday, Jill. I am just a tad older.

janipi said...

Happy Birthday. 70 years young. I love your personalised gift. Vitamin sea keeps you looking young.

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

Happy Birthday - I would sing but that would definitely shorten your life if I did!!
It must be a good year for seventies as two or three of my friends have hit this milestone this year.
Glad you had a lovely day and some exciting presents. Loving the travel cup.

Chris said...

Welcome to the 8th decade!

Catriona said...

Happy Birthday, Jill. I am just a tad younger and Dh reaches the big number next month.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Happy Birthday! It certainly looks as though you had a very happy birthday! Be well! You are only a few years behind me. What a wonderful gift from your dear husband, and your daughter's gift was also inspired!

Nanny Anny said...

Happy Birthday! I will celebrate my 70th this year as well. Cheers, from Nanny Anny in Canada

thelma said...

Many happy returns and may the daily visit to the sea bring you happiness.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday. Hope today is good too

busybusybeejay said...

Happy birthday.You are looking good..I am a bit older but look a lot older!!!

Bovey Belle said...

Happy birthday. Glad you got some sea air to enjoy. That mug is a great personalized gift. Love your drawing of the teasel.

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Jill xx

mamasmercantile said...

Belated Birthday wishes. Love the new travel mug, such fun.

BethB from Indiana said...

Happy Birthday, Jill. I will turn 70 in December. It seems a lot of us here are at that age, going to be there soon, or have already passed it.

The canvases and personalized mug are great gifts.

Jules said...

A belated Happy Birthday Jill. I love the mug. 🎂

Mum said...

A very Happy Birthday to you.
xx

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to you! Many returns of the Day!
Very nice family gifts!

pat chester said...

Happy birthday Jill. I am a bit younger, 68 today.

Lynda said...

Belated birthday blessings to you Jill! xx