Saturday 23 March 2019

Saturday.

Sunny day but a cool wind blowing strongly.



Walked today.  



High tide.  



The Gulls were out on the sea.



Very sad sight.  A dead grey seal.  I reported it later to  Scottish Marine Animal Strandings Scheme .  



Back home.  My Daily Sketch today was a Pine Cone.



Then I began a Tawny Owl.



The DP was out early this morning and captured a Bull Finch.



Munching on Pussy Willow.  We have a Pussy Willow, but sadly this was not ours.  Perhaps one day we can add them to our bird count.  I have never seen one.

Watching yet another Waking the Dead this evening.  Regular checks on the Aurora which sadly has not appeared despite all the forecasts.

Back tomorrow.


4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

The Bull Finch is a beautiful picture. The dead seal not so, poor thing.
Your drawings are inspiring me to have a go at sketching one thing a day. Maybe I will down tools for a while in the garden and find something to draw. Think I only have an HB pencil with me here though.

rusty duck said...

A belated Happy Birthday and I’m very sorry I missed it.
So sad to see the seal :(

crafty cat corner said...

Aa Bullfinch is one bird that I have never seen in the wild, likewise a Yellow Hammer.
Like the sketching, used to do a lot but not now, should get it out again.
Briony
x

Jules said...

The shades of blue in the first photograph are stunning. X