Saturday 10 March 2018

Memories

Some I would rather forget.  The DP was clearing his phone of photographs and sent me these.



These were taken by him two years ago.  That is me in my then car having been hit by another vehicle.  My car spun round, went through a fence and into the field.  

This is me sitting there waiting to be cut out of the car.  In fact the best bit was the Fire Officers, male and female, cutting the door off and then carrying me to the ambulance.  Never had so much attention from hunky men and delightful women.

The DP made sure I was alive and then went into photographer mode.  You couldnt make it up....  My ribs were damaged, and that is probably when my spine fractured but hey ho, still here.

Health. You cannot get away from it as you age.  I will be 69 week after next.  Despite my crumbling bones and struggles to get enough breath to clean my teeth I do not feel old.  No, should say I do not think old.

So what set this off.  Well, I signed up to this British Lung Foundation thing called Health Unlocked.  I was getting an email every day with allegedly tips, questions and answers from fellow sufferers with Lung problems.  Mine is COPD.  Well I could not relate to any of the other people who sent in questions, problems, et al.  I have got COPD.  So I deal with it.  I do my pulmonary physio exercises, I walk, I paint.  I will not let it get me down what is the point of letting it get you down.  Now I do not want comments from any of you saying how brave, good on you, its just the way I am.  Also I do enjoy a good rant every now and then!  Especially after a glass of wine.  Which I needed today as it has rained, and been windy and cold.  Back to the Prom tomorrow.

7 comments:

e said...

You were lucky to have made it out of that car still breathing. Here's to more adventures, lovely paintings and no hat days!

DUTA said...

All's well that ends well. Good picture!

lynney62 said...

I always find a good rant cleansed the senses and soul!! Vamos on, friend!!

BadPenny said...

What a picture ! You look like you areparked to look at the view xx

Anonymous said...

A good rant and upwards and onwards,Jill. I am 68 niw and last year got a tatoo on my left wrist-still can’t beleive I did it but it was a “red hat moment” and I love it. Keep doing all the things you do. Catriona

Anonymous said...

that must have been terrifying spinning in that crushed car!
You really are an inspiration with your COPD, still pushing on as you do,,

Mum said...

Yeah, let's rant. Blogger won't let my upload my photos - I can't fathom out what I've done wrong - fed up with it all - should be easy. My cough's not gone away - can't think of what to have for tea - I've a sore in my mouth and eating crisps hurts - the cat's done 'poops' in the greenhouse and I really don't want to clean it all out.
However the sun is shining and it's getting warmer - Yeah. Bring on the sherry.
xx