Saturday 3 March 2018

Escaped!

Issues with our normal road out from here continue.  


Our neighbours picture of their trip this morning, in a jeep, no chance for me and a Fiat.

The DP decided to go the long way round.  To get the paper, we both miss the daily crosswords.  And then the long way back, in another direction.  I elected to travel the second as the first, he said,  was decidedly slippy.  So that was down a road past the cemeteries and Cairness house, then head for St Combs and then join the coast road to Fraserburgh.



My parking spot next to the red buoy.


It was still snowing.  So I stayed in the car and took photos with the window wound down.  The sea was boiling.


Everything else was shrouded with the blizzard raging.


Tiger Hill, our biggest sand dune.

It was still good to be out.  The main roads were clear.  There were queues going in to the two supermarkets close by.  I had thought a bit of retail therapy but seeing the evidence of panic buying I decided to give it a miss.  

A friend sent me this pic from today taken around 3 p.m. this afternoon.


Surfers having surfed.  Mad.

Home again.

Bird watching and painting.

Sparrowhawk on the drawing board.  

Tomorrow I intend to resume my pulmonary physio exercises, now 3 weeks since the cataract op.  So should be ok.   I also intend to get out again although snow is still forecast.  My neighbour put up on facebook a video of her partners latest foray up 'our' road, it is still a no no for me.  Just hoping our petrol garage has not run out as I may need some with going that bit further to ESCAPE.

I also intend to finish some of the many begun on the drawing board!

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, now that was a lot of snow. That must be a real struggle, hopefully it won't last for long.

janipi said...

It’s good you were able to escape for a while. The sea pictures are great. I love crashing waves.

kjsutcliffe said...

We had to 'nip out' on Friday having forgotten to get a birthday card. It was with trepidation has we'd heard stories of panic buying and cars strewn everywhere. Neither of which were true, the shelves were well stocked and a number of items were 'yellow-stickered' as they needed using before their expiry date.
That wind has been vicious and I am glad it has mizzled off!