Sunday 4 March 2018

Gloom.

Dark skies, more snow, winds.  Decided not to go out after all.  Now we have snow and rain and wind.  What fun.

Down to the shedudio.  Trying to progress the paintings on the drawing board.


Sparrowhawk.


Mountain Hare.  They are brown in the Summer, then begin to go white for when the snow appears.  This one is during the 'change'!  Camouflage does not always work to plan or weather.

Had to stop.  Visitors.  A pleasant change.  

Two keen birdwatchers come to see how we were.

And watch the birds.


Today we had a Rook join in on the floor of the garden.  His black coat shows the fact it is snowing.


A painting in waiting.  Trio of Tree Sparrows.



Just a pair showing the snowing.....

Then this.


This is a Snipe!

A very poor photograph, but it was way over the other side of the garden, been attracted by the dark soil from the mole hills.  This is a photo from the internet, to show you what a Snipe looks like standing on a rock and posing....


Having the sighting witnessed by 2 ace bird watchers was a plus!

One of the visiting birdwatchers is a joiner for the council so we had a long discussion about double glazing, secondary double glazing, something like clear film which you fit using a hairdryer?!  So I am away to see the feasibility of whichever and work out costings.  I spend so much time in the shedudio, and would spend more were I totally comfortable in this foul weather, we shall see.

Hope all are safe and sound, snow free ?  I wish.  Flood free?  That is next apparently.  Wind free would take away some of my gloom.

4 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I really do admire your paintings so much Jill, I've tried water colour and know how difficult it is to make a good job. Loving the Hare.
Keep warm it'll soon be Spring..
Briony
x

Jean. said...

Like Briony, I too admire your paintings. I love the hare and can't wait to see it finished. I am a keen watcher of birds, and have many different species visiting my feeding stations, once seeing a lesser spotted woodpecker. We often see the greater spotted woodpecker, but the lesser one was a surprise. It's interesting to see how the numbers of some species have lessened or increased over the last 50 years. Once in great numbers, so far this year you seem to have my share of both varieties of sparrows!

mamasmercantile said...

Love the hare you are certainly very talented. It was a joy to see the little visitors to your garden.

Jean. said...

Trying to post a comment on Monday's post but the comment box won't appear. Don't know if it's me or at your end.
Anyway, love the hare, he actually looks cuddly and fluffy. I do hope Sith gets better, poor kitty. I've had cats all my life, and along the way I've encountered their different ailments. Like you though, I have never come across a cat with asthma, but then what do I know ? There are several reasons why a cat would cough, but this is a new one to me. You live and learn.