Saturday 24 March 2018

Earth Hour.

This is when you turn off your lights. 8.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m. and make plans to save the earth.  We have done most of the things on the list.  Almost eliminated using plastic.  Green electricity provider.  etc.

Sitting by candle light is good too tho does make hitting the right ket on the ket board difficult.!


So - the rest of the day.  Early morning saw the DP off on a day's bird watching.  With two mates.  I managed to get up early enough so as to have my breakfast provided.  After that it was all downhill.  I had to load the dishwasher.  Load the washing machine.  Tasks the DP does seamlessly.  Me?  Lots of regaining control of breathing but I did it.

Off to the Prom.  Lurched into Lidl on the way and fought to the death over the last Press and Journal daily local newspaper.  Actually there was no-one there to fight with but you never know.  I was ready.


Now this has to be a first.  5 Oystercatchers.  AWAKE!!  Eyes open and not one beak tucked under a wing!


Just look at Nature's colouring on the beach.


The Gull Gang abluting.


Back home I did some brightening up of the background wash, more blue, more on the twigs that this Crow seems to have almost come a cropper in.



Much later watched the sun go down.  Clocks forward tonight.  I can cope with that.  Sith Cat however is a different matter.  He has his tea at 3.  So fine tomorrow he will not start asking til 4 p.m.  Its when we turn the clocks back in October and have to try and ignore him from ?   Earth Hour?  Cat feeding hour?  Confused.

Right it is now 9.30 p.m. Earth Hour is over.  I did my bit I am now coughing after blowing out the candle and getting smoke up my nose.  

4 comments:

DUTA said...

Our biological clocks like consistency, but one hour Spring forward, Fall back - is not the end of the world.
So, the persona Sith "has his tea at 3" . Good to know.

Susan Heather said...

Next weekend we put our clocks BACK.

Anonymous said...

such beautiful photos,, and painting too!

kjsutcliffe said...

We have similar feeding issues with our cats and the dog really struggles and sits by the pet-food cupboard drooling for an hour!