Friday 26 July 2019

Bring on the ice age.

To add downers to the heat and humidity the water pressure went down to just a trickle.  We and our neighbours have had varied responses to our complaints to Scottish water.  The latest is at 5.30 p.m. That it had been fixed.  Well it hasn't.  One of my friends who lives up a hill still has no water.  How the farmers with livestock are coping.....

Earlier in the day I drove the Kia to the Prom.  Still with the DP at my side to work the air conditioning and warn me to put the foot on the clutch before turning on the ignition, otherwise it doesnt work.






Not many wind break squatters today.



Beach cleaners.  Many thanks from us all.



The Gull gang getting braver.  Near people.


Its the heat.  Cooling off.



DP.




The above two photos I took a long time ago.  The rider and owner of Scott the horse works as one of the groundsmen at the golf club.  He had a fire in the caravan he lives in and Scott saved his life by kicking the caravan and waking him up.  He lost everything in the fire including photos of Scott the horse.  So I have got these and printed them off for him.  Saw him today and said I had found them and would get to him at the golf club next week.  Hoping I can find a frame to put one in.

This afternoon the DP went off to friends of ours who have a pair of Barn Owls living in one of their buildings.


See the hole?


There is one!

As everyone I am also finding this heat a struggle.  Unable to breathe, well obviously I do breathe as I am still here.  But cant wait for it to break.  Hope its soon.  Looking at the weather forecast it wont be tomorrow.

Bring on the ice age.


4 comments:

marlane said...

I love the top you are wearing in the first picture, very flamboyant. I was interested in the horse picture, as I am a horse person. That is so great that you wee able to have a copy for the man on the horse !!

Jackie said...

Wonderful photo of the barn owl!! I am glad you have pictures to replace the ones lost by Scott.

God bless.

Jackie said...

I meant to say replace the ones of Scott the horse...

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

What a good friend you are replacing photos, such a nice gesture. Hope the breathing is better today, whilst still warm the humidity is slightly better today. Great shot of the owl.