Friday 21 December 2018

Winter Solstice.

The shortest day.  Thank goodness.  Now we can look forward to light at the beginning and end of the day.  Living in the North East of Scotland once British Summer Time is over it gets pretty dark.



And we have a big moon.

Had my all over wash and my hair washed today.  Although my carer will be working over Christmas I decided to lessen the pressure and not request her attendance.  So a week to go before I see her again.  But I will wash in between!  Bits I can reach anyway.

Bitterly cold today.



Masses of Gull Gang and others.



Thought it better to do a video so you could see how many there were.



Ablutions, feather sorting.





Lobster Boat.



More dramatic sky.



Think this painting is done.  Canvases prepared, now awaiting inspiration as to what to put on them.  

But all I can think about is fencing......



Here is my Christmas card to you.  Rattray Head Lighthouse, just down the road.  They have fencing.......Hmmmm.



9 comments:

Chris said...

That's quite a flock of gulls. What do you call a flock of gulls? Maybe a glut of gulls? Happy Christmas to you and DP, Jill. All the best for 2019.

justjill said...

A Gull Gang!!

Mollysmum said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

kjsutcliffe said...

Winter Solstice Blessings xx

MarleneS said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones Jill. x

BadPenny said...

Happy Christmas dear Jill xx

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The sea even has that cold sound on your video. I am sure the fencing will get sorted and not worth too much worrying over. Looking forward to lighter days too now. Have a very Happy Christmas. x

DUTA said...

Lovely Christmas Card for your readers!
Merry Christmas!

crafty cat corner said...

I love the waters edge on this painting, in fact I think this is going to be one of my favourites.
Have a relaxing holiday.
Briony
x