Tuesday 18 December 2018

It is nearly Christmas....

Whooo thought it was all over.  But today we have had strong winds back and deluge of rain, although it was not as cold.


I was the only car on the car park.  I didnt get out.  36 mph winds.  Gusting.  No chance.

So, consoling myself that I had done the pulmonary physio exercises, I went for a ramble round Lidl.  I had intended to visit one of the bigger supermarkets with clothes as I am desperate for a new dressing gown.  But Lidl has the most sheltered car park.

I was fortunate to see some canvases on offer and some perfectly adequate painting brushes, for applying ground and varnish, so spent not a lot but on useful purchases.

Now, this may sound really ungrateful!  The DP's relatives have yet again surpassed themselves with their Christmas gifts.  He had a long conversation with his sister making it quite clear we did not want a Juicer as a gift.  So what did we get today?  Aye a Juicer.  In a box shouting Juicer from Amazon.  

His brother knows we do not drink Ale.  But we got a gift box of Ale.  Do you think it's me?

I hope they have wall space for the fantastic canvas of line dancing Oystercatchers we sent.

Hey ho.  Back home, while the DP was away posting the canvases, Sith and I sat in a very dark Shedudio.  3 p.m. dusk.  Roll on Friday the shortest day.  After that things can only get better.


Wind and rain lashing the windows.


Nice bit of colour.  I got the Geraniums through last winter and hoping to repeat this year.  I like Geraniums.


I am going to have to get a hearth rug for Sithcat.



Tomorrow the weather forecast is good.  Whoopee.

4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Santa has obviously got your wish list mixed up with someone else!
Weather here is just wet and almost too dark for doing any craft work.
Sith cat definitely needs a rug so he can hog the fire. Our cat used to sleep in front of the oven when we put it on - not the best place when you are dealing with hot food.

Jean. said...

A hearth rug for Sith cat, what an excellent idea for his Christmas present. A nice soft, fluffy one would be good. (Big smile).

vic said...

Oh yes, the shortest day coming up soon. I always look forward to that as the following days get longer, not by much but it does add up----eventually.!

Louise Stopford said...

It looks so very cosy and warm in your Shedudio. What a lovely way to spend the afternoon, especially in the company of beautiful Sith cat.