Wednesday 12 December 2018

Pacing.

This morning I had the weird experience of 'seeing' my physiotherapist via the NHS Grampian video screen.  I ditted in everything as instructed, checking connection, sound and vision.  

Then I was asked to enter the waiting room...........So I pressed that one -  and there was not a picture of rows of empty chairs.  Huh.  

But then Ross appeared..I told him I was pacing myself so as I was talking to him I was not doing the exercises!  He laughed.

To the Prom.  Windy, cold and gloomy.


No sun at all.  Lots of sea birds.  Sadly we had a stupid child who thought it was funny to chase them all off.  Not sure why she wasn't in school, she was in uniform, and old enough to know better.  Hey ho.


Tiger Hill our biggest sand dune.  Over the other side of that is Fraserburgh Golf Course.  Termed as a Links course as it is on the edge of the sea.


Blackheaded Gulls, Oystercatcher, and Herring Gulls (Skurries.)



Blackheaded and Oystercatchers.



Oystercatchers landed, after being scared off, a bit further up the beach.

On the way back to the car.  I saw there was another group of my favourite sea bird.



So I paced my walk.  Enjoyed it.  I had been instructed to watch out for a Mediterranean Gull by the DP.  He had seen it earlier at Cairnbulg.  I didnt see it.

This is what he saw and photographed.


After he had posted this photograph the bird world went berserk.  It is actually an Ivory Gull which normally lives in the North Arctic feeding off blubber from things caught by Polar bears!  

Apparently there was a dead dolphin at St.Combs just south of us and it could have been feeding off that.  A rarity for these parts.  So kudos to the DP.  I am glad I did not pace up and down the Prom looking for a Med Gull.  And nor did I see an Ivory Gull, never heard of them before today.

Now then remember the Short Eared Owl?


I sold the painting!  A lady in America bought it.  If you remember the owl was taken to the New Arc Rescue Centre at Ellon in Aberdeenshire. They look after wild animals and return them to the wild when they have recovered.  So the money I got for the sale of the painting I am sending to the New Arc.  They are thrilled as they are raising money for a hospital for the wildlife, I am thrilled to have sold a painting and hope the recipient is thrilled too!  All done through my art facebook page Buchan Birds and Beasts.

Now I have completed all hospital/physiotherapist visits/chats I am hoping to start painting again.  I do not have to pace myself when I paint.  Ha.

6 comments:

Terra said...

How fun to think of your owl traveling across the sea to its new home in America, and the money going to help wildlife. Well done.

Bovey Belle said...

As you don't have to pace yourself painting, you can do that to your heart's content! Well done on selling the gorgeous Little Owl painting (and to America too!)

Another who's never heard of an Ivory Gull and well done to your DP for recognition of an unusual bird. I bet your beach is covered in Twitchers now!

rusty duck said...

Yay! The Little Owl is a beautiful painting. Well deserved!

Louise Stopford said...

The Owl painting is beautiful. No wonder you got a buyer for it and donating the proceeds to the Wildlife Hospital is such a kind and generous thing to do.

Barbee' said...

I love the owl's eyes, precious!

BethB from Indiana said...

Do you have a painting of a mouse for sale? I didn't see one on Buchan Birds and Beasts.

Thanks.

Beth Backus