Saturday 22 December 2018

Let us look forward to 2019.

A very deep frost this morning.  Deep and crisp and even.

Warmer when I made it to the Prom.



No sun, no wind.  Fine for me to walk a bit.  So I did.



The tide had just turned and was going out.  As it did the Gull Gang began to gather for their ablutions and feather sorting.





As did the Oystercatchers.  The one at the back I caught mid head shake! 


Now stretching a wing.



Redshank moving fast.



And a Surfer.




My walk back to the car.  The Prom is still covered in sand.  You should see the inside of my car, well perhaps not.



Back home and into the Shedudio.  My third attempt to do a Lion for one of my grandsons.

The DP was out delivering cards to our neighbours.  

The ones across the road from us to our left lived in our house for some years.  They planted the hedge.  When they lived here they kept the hedge trimmed to behind the boundary fence, which is a foot high effort, now concealed by the hedge.  The people who moved in after them and before us never did anything with the hedge so it grew upwards and outwards.  We moved in and gave it a short back and side.  Looked tidy, plenty vision for road users.  But now not good enough for the Council.  So, first job is to remove the hedge.  Now when I look at it it is a huge job.  When we had the last bit of hedge removed, that had been damaged, it wasn't a quarter of whats there now, and cost £1000 to remove.  Though included in that was taking it away and skipping it.  So we would just have it removed and sort out the disposal on site.  Burn it here?

2019 looks like being an expensive year.  

4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

If you burn it watch you don't get SEPA on your tail too LOL! They can be funny about burning things. Conifers are difficult to remove the roots are so large because really they are quite big trees that are just stunted on the top because they are usualy trimmed into a hedge. We took one conifer out last year and burned it - it produced so much smoke and so much stuff to burn you would have thought there was branches of three trees when felled.
Maybe the Council might step in and help and at least take it away - no harm in asking.
I love your header.

Jacqui said...

The surfer is brave - but I guess he's well wrapped up in his wetsuit The sand on the prom reminds me of holidays by the sea; in fact, I was wrapping a notebook last night that I brought as a present at Marazion while in Cornwall in the summer, and found some grains of sand still in the plastic wrapping! I have quite a tall laurel hedge, and have to have it trimmed each year; I hope it doesn't cost you too much. I've had different quotes, so it would be worth getting a few. Happy Christmas!

BethB from Indiana said...

I love your header, too.

We can't burn brush here unless we can claim we are having a hotdog roast, and your brush would be too big for that! :)

Darwin Girl said...

Love your photos so much!