Friday 14 December 2018

Being Kind to Yourself.

Well that phrase really hit home.  Thankyou K.J.Sutcliffe aka Hawthorn Spellweaver.  Most of my life I have been kind to everyone else.  But me.

So - today I have been kind to myself.  First I was washed, moisturised and dressed by my lovely personal carer, who also makes me laugh. Most important.   Hair washed too.

Then I spent some time sorting the internet banking out, bills.

Christmas payments to children, tis  a lot easier than buying them stuff they dont want, Grandkids too.  

My youngest child who does not have kids has purchased stuff for the 4 grandchildren in Edinburgh.  Enjoyed by my child doing the shopping and something that they will like. S looks after them often so knows.

 That sorting gave me peace of mind.

Then, after lunch, the Prom.

Weather foul.  Heavy rain in the morning, winds increasing.  But I went.



Looks good doesn't it.



Always looks good - but look at the sky.



As the whole sky darkened  I took a quick picture of the Gull Gang,



Then it rained - heavily.  Now I cannot run.  Well I could but I wouldn't get far!  I survived.

Back home and in the Shedudio.  




A new male pheasant.  He has the head colour of Dyson.  But not the silver back.

I then started to paint - again.

Rectangular canvas already prepared for watercolour.  Thought I would ease myself into it again by starting in my comfort zone - Oystercatchers!



It was lovely to be back into what I love doing without any worries nagging.

So I was being kind to myself!



The only mouse painting I have at the moment BethBfromIndiana.  Harvest Mouse in a Tulip.  Small canvas.  You can message me on the FB page if you are interested.


Sunset.

Tomorrow, more of the same.  Bursting with painting plans.  All good.  

Being kind to myself.



3 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Sending hugs xx
It's not easy being kind to yourself, often you end up being your own worst critic. But your day and your plans for tomorrow sound like they are just what you needed. Take care on Saturday, the weather is promising to be rubbish x

janipi said...

Being kind to yourself is a great tonic.

hart said...

I love that dark sky picture and yesterday's owl too.