Monday 10 December 2018

How long have I got?

Thankfully no wind.


Cold.  But then it is December.


The birds really amuse me.  They can all fly, but as the sea comes in they all run - away from it!  


Oystercatchers and one Redshank, there were more of the latter, but not in shot.


Redshank.



Turnstone, again there was more than one.  Having a bath, making a splash.  These birds run.....


Not much sun today but some lovely reflections.


Turnstone!  Gotcha.


And again.


A solitary Surfer.

Tomorrow I meet up with the chest consultant.  Hence the header How long have I got.  My warped sense of humour.  But I think we are at the end of the road now.  One thing I will be asking about is counselling.  The Black Dog is visiting rather too often for my liking...  But I have been promised a Macdonalds tomorrow which I havent had in years!  Just hope its not dog in the burger. Sorry.  Goodnight.

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Will be thinking of you. Actually I think of you every day.x.

Sandi said...


Hope you are feeling better SOON!


crafty cat corner said...

I understand exactly how you feel. I often wonder about the same thing about Tom. Some days are better than others just like you and on the bad days it gets you thinking.
Funny, we are going for a big mac tomorrow, saves cooking, I love it. lol
Briony
x

DUTA said...

Only God knows the answer to this sort of questions. It's a pity you believe so hard in doctors!
Anyway have a good day tomorrow at the consultant!
Good night!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Be of good cheer - Christmas is coming up and I am sure the weather is also getting you down. Hope your meeting with the Consultant goes better than you expect.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get cheering news. My sister in law , about to turn 70, has COPD as well. Still travelling a lot but has stopped her volunteer work. JanF

kjsutcliffe said...

Hugs for tomorrow. xx

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope the consultant has better news than you think.
Stay strong - a lot of people are thinking about you and sending good vibes through the ether.

Bovey Belle said...

Chin up. If I believed the first consultant I saw about my asthma when I was in my early 20s ("You'll end up in a wheelchair if you don't give up the horses NOW") I would have had a totally different life! There is a "norm" for COPD, but everyone's body is different. Thinking of you.

janipi said...

No one knows how long we have so go and enjoy your dog free McDonald’s x

Mary said...

Hoping the consultant's news isn't quite so grim and wishing the 'Black Dog' would take a hike. Easy to understand why the daily drive to the sea is so important to you.

Louise Stopford said...

Good luck with the chest consultant when you go. I really enjoy reading your blog. You are a cheerful person with a great sense of humour, who appreciates so many wonderful things about life and I am sorry to hear that you are poorly. Hope all goes well for you.

Linda said...

Oh my dear. I think of you often. This is not an easy journey that you have been on. I admire you more than I can say for how you have kept going....with grace and humor. Please take care. Linda