Friday 15 June 2018

Smile!

Not much damage at all.  Just the one Allium.  The rest of the plants are slowly returning to vertical.

I was at the doctors this morning.  Chest listened to and oxygen levels checked.  I have been prescribed a new inhaler, actually one I used to take, which by pressing the top sends in the drug rather than having to breathe it in which my lungs are now too shot to do.  So start with the new one tomorrow and see how it goes.  I am on the waiting list to see a consultant to see if there is anything that can be done.  But we all know about waiting lists...

So I went early to the Prom.


Beautiful.  Slight breeze, sea very calm and soon I was too.


The Pilot boat was assisting the big boat to get into the harbour.  Not sure what sort of boat it is.  To get into our harbour you have to go right as this is doing.  Then head towards the beach, then turn left into the entrance and in.  Again my knowledge is limited as to why that route has to be travelled, presumably down to the depth of the sea and hidden rocks, but all the boats do this even the little ones.  So it could just be a shipping rule.



The pilot boat headed for the entrance to the harbour and waited for the big boat to get positioned.  The big boat was going very slowly, so I got fed up/tired/needed a wee and my lunch so I came home.  There are loos on the Prom and I have a special key for the disabled one.  But I get claustrophobic in there and am always scared I will not be able to get out, why do they make doors so heavy on loos for the disabled????  The key is called a Radar key and apparently will unlock disabled loos anywhere.


Started a painting of a Magpie from a photo I took.
Continuing this.

I forgot to mention.  I self referred to Social Services as I am struggling with personal care.  Have to say I am well impressed with SS. There was a meeting of the multi disciplinary team.  I then had a phone call at the beginning of the week from Occupational Therapy.  At the end of which they said I, and they,  had sorted all the aids they would have provided and therefore being passed on to Care People.  I had a phone call today that one of them would be visiting to discuss my needs.  Showering me twice a week has been mentioned.  Watch this space.  

The way my breathing has not been of late - its been a struggle to keep clean(ish).  And to keep a smile going!

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nice to hear a good word for Social Services.

Bovey Belle said...

Well, there are some positives in your post today. I hope that your new/old inhaler proves to be useful again and aids your breathing. I have to use one of those big spacers with mine.

I am glad that Social Services have been on the ball too and your care package is already being dealt with.

I enjoyed seeing the boats moving about off-shore. It must be entertaining when you are having a stroll or just sitting relaxing and getting some sea air. Middle daughter worked in Portsmouth for 6 mths, and I went to visit a couple of times. It's such a busy harbour, always something happening, and I spent some relaxing moments just standing and watching them.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Jean. said...

My mother in law had a disabled loo key. She used it at various times of day and evening in various places. Then, just before leaving Skegness one night after a day trip, and the normal loos in the car park closing at 9p.m., she went to use her key in the disabled one. The key turned as normal, but the door could not be opened. The council had added a second lock so as to prevent use once the attendant had gone. Disgraceful and quite defeating the object.

crafty cat corner said...

Tom has been very short of breath just lately and the dreaded cough has returned. Next Tuesday we have the stair lift man coming so that he can get upstairs more easily.
I haven't heard you mention oxygen, does this not help. I know that Tom was assessed and they said it wouldn't be any good as his oxygen levels were okay at the moment.
Only one way to deal with it, one day at a time and keep smiling if you can.
Loving the Magpie.
Briony
x

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos, Jill!

Sue in Suffolk said...

I just enlarged your dunes photo, blimey they are HUGE. I bet there is somewhere on line to find out what the boats are if you can see the names.
Hope your inhaler does the trick and good news about Social Services, they usually get slated for their inefficiency.