Friday 29 June 2018

A Better Day.

Very early was the Haar which began yesterday evening.  That cleared and it was overcast.

After lunch the DP and I had our monthly meeting with the Committee, sorting out Fraserburgh Art Group's annual exhibition, FASE 5.  Our fifth year of setting this up.  The DP is chair and I am secretary.  I was already exhausted after all the talking!  Plus the thought of all the work I now had to do behind the scenes.....

Here is a picture from last year's exhibition.


The Community Challenge was the bunting depicting 'My Town' and was a great success.

This year it is Fraserburgh Flyers = mobile art.  My task had been to do the guidelines, send them out, and for the rest of the committee to take the posters out to wherever.

The meeting began at 2 and was over just after 3.  By which time the sun was out.


So a bit later than my usual we went to the Prom.




Lovely to see the Gull Gang out in force.  Bathing and preening.


There is me watching them.

Back home.  Not enough time or energy to start painting.  So I gazed at the garden.  Finally!  Rambling Rector has decided to unfurl it's blooms.



Just look at the amount of buds there are!


This pot of Lilies really needs splitting and replanting once finished flowering!


This is a few small pots from Lidl been re planted into a large pot.  I love Lilies.


A newly fledged Great Spotted Woodpecker eating seeds from one of our Rheum Pulmatum.

The Cherry thief, a Blackbird on one of the front garden's two edible Cherry Trees.


The rest are ornamental.  We have a few.  Hence the name 'Cherry Cottage'.  

The DP is watching a programme on Wildlife Gardens.  Hopefully ideas for ponds.  This is the first house we have lived in that has not had a pond.

As I said, a Better Day.


6 comments:

Catsngrams said...

Just wanted to leave a note that I love your blog and I think that you are one brave lady. You just keep going. Your pictures are beautiful. I love lilies also. I potted some a couple of years ago and I enjoy them every year. Keep on Keeping on. Your energy amazes me.

Chris said...

Good news, Jill. You packed a lot into your day and I'm sure feel you accomplished quite a bit. Keep at it!

Jean. said...

Lovely view of the beach, and the woodpecker. Do you get many shells on that beach? I would never have lilies in my garden or house. Lily pollen is fatal to cats. Even the smallest amount licked from their feet or fur is rapidly fatal, causing kidney failure.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Anything involving a committee can be hard work! It is lovely to see that you are able to hold an Art Exhibition as any event takes such a lot of organising and time and it is not often appreciated what goes on behind the scenes.
Our village here in Scotland held a Gala about three years ago - the lady who organised it has similar health problems as you and she did it all almost single handedly in the end as one by one people on the committee let her down. She was so exhausted by it all there has never been another.
Was that DP's photo of you (he is getting better if so) or a selfie?
Rambling Rector - I am envious - have always wanted one of these growing up an arch perhaps or scrambling through a tree. DH not so keen on arches - need to persuade him a bit more!

mamasmercantile said...

Thrilled to hear you had a better day, long may that last.

Anonymous said...

beautiful photos! I think you had a very productive day and despite all your troubles you are such an optimistic person, you got spunk!!! That is an amazing wood pecker shot!