Thursday 28 June 2018

I give up.


Today the temperature went off the scale.  As advised by the British Lung Foundation I gave in and decided not to go out.  Hot weather not good for lung problems, something to do with Ozone.  The decision was helped by this motley crew.



Apparently they were waiting for the tar lorry, also not good for lungs.  They are standing on the entrance to our road which leads to Fraserburgh and the Prom.  There are other ways, which take longer, but that decided me.  Not to go.  They did some patching the other week and now our road was closed to allow tar and gravel to be laid.  So once done 20 mph speed limit, being totally ignored so our garden is full of gravel.....

I went to the Shedudio instead.  Both doors and both windows opened.  Thank goodness the roof is wooden, unlike a conservatory so I was in welcome shade.  Still stripped off to me vest.  Hot weather has always been unpleasant to me.  My brain switches off.



The window on my left, seated at my work table, shows the Yellow Loosestrife now coming into bloom, with White Campion  and the purple Cranesbill.  All survived the flattening winds we had recently.  Further left our Birch Spinney we planted, also known as the cat cemetery,  is coming on.






Sith cat, who has asthma, is also struggling and found a shady spot.



At the far side of the patio the blue clematis has had its 'pyramid' stand uprighted.  And like everything else that blooms, this year has been amazing.



The DP is currently designing the garden to incorporate more paths for me to get around and - a pond.  The only thing missing from here.  We have always had a pond.  Can't wait.



Visitor of the day to the Shedudio - a Red Admiral.

It is now cooler.  And will be tomorrow.  Normal life will resume I hope.  And I shall gird up my loins to wash my hair, swollen feet, and stagger up the Prom.

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I too find it hard to cope in this hot weather as my arthritis is worse and so my ankles swell up and I find it hard to walk. I think it is a little bit cooler here tonight, so perhaps tomorrow will not be quite as hot.

Bovey Belle said...

You have my sympathies. I don't do heat either! I've been getting up around 6 ish to work in the garden whilst it's still cool. This morning it was 5 a.m. that I woke so I got more done!

Sorry you were confined to barracks but I hope that you enjoyed working in your shedudio and achieved lots.

crafty cat corner said...

I'm with you regarding the hot weather. Once you would have found me on the beach all day but no longer.
With dodgy lungs you can't win can you? damp, cold, hot, they all affect the breathing.
Tom has started his CBD oil again and its made such a difference to his cough.
Briony
x

Terra said...

Ah, cooler weather around the corner sounds great so you can get out and exercise. Your shedudio with windows open sounds nice on a hot day.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a lovely view from your shedstudio window. I am a fan of the hot weather but I appreciate how hard it can be. Hope you manage to get out for a stroll tomorrow.

Catriona said...

I’m a fair skinned Celt who would rather wear a fleece and gloves than endure this heat. My ankles are swollen and my stomach awash with water and tea trying to stay hydrated. Your view looks so appealing and lush.