Saturday 16 June 2018

Bit of this and a bit of that.

Somewhat  cooler today.

I was struggling most of the morning with the final draft of a poster for our annual visual art exhibition's community challenge.  This year it is to be Fraserburgh Flyers.  Anything that flies or flew made into a mobile display.  So from ladybirds to pterodactyls.  It is done and ready to go out tomorrow.  The exhibition is in October, but as our schools in Scotland break up for Summer in July I need to get the information out now.  Also to the craft groups, and kids activities that take place in the Summer holidays.



I didn't see one of these today....



What I did see,





This is Scott.  That is the horse.  I still do not know the name of the rider, but we often have a chat as he leaves work at the Golf Club.  Without the horse.  He now wants me to do a painting of Scott.......



A more usual sight, a Lobster Boat.

Back home I did quite a lot.



A bit on each of these.  As one has to wait for watercolour to dry before continuing with another colour it is easier to do more than one at once.  Well that is my excuse for apparently never finishing anything!



This is my bird feeder on the window.  It gets visited by Blue Tits and Coal Tits, but today a young Sparrow sorting through as kids do for the best bits.

Welcome to Sandi my new follower.  Briony I am not on oxygen.  I get tested with this thing that clips on a finger every time I go to the surgery, it checks your oxygen levels, and, like Tom, mine is fine.  

I bit the inside of my lip today. It is very swollen.  Really.  So my glass of red keeps dribbling.....  There that is this and that.  Goodnight all.

5 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

can't wait til we get to see the pterodactyl in water colours!!

As you know, I have a number of paintings going at one time too - it is the way to go!!

Jean said...

Now please excuse me if you have already explained one of your pictures, but I find myself puzzled. Since you paint several in stages, I've been trying to work out what the orange and black one is. On yesterday's post I thought it might be the beginnings of a crane or peacock, today I find the black area has changed shape. Its most intriguing and I will probably feel a bit silly when it is named or becomes obvious. I love the Gannett picture, and some of the birds in flight which I see hanging on your walls.

crafty cat corner said...

Isn't that weird how you both have so little lung but the oxygen is fine, I don't understand that.
I love your painting but I don't think I would have the patience to wait while it was drying. With my needlework I can just keep going. lol
Briony
x

DUTA said...

The rider and his horse make for some good pictures.

Sandi said...

:)