Sunday 24 June 2018

Not a lot.

After the cat treeing trauma of yesterday I have not felt like doing much at all today.



Where the dogs live, across the field.  Sith cat has spent most of the day asleep.  But then when he did go out I was really jumpy.  Which is silly I know.



The weather has been much better today.  Sunshine and no wind.



Across the bay is the villages of Cairnbulg and Inverallochy.  Susan M who recently visited Maggies Hoosie - you didnt know how close you were to me!  5 minutes.  The cross roads where you entered to the two villages had you turned the other way ....

This is no ordinary step back in time; Maggie’s Hoosie has been lovingly restored to represent the life of the fisherwoman who lived there, and her parents and siblings before her. And when we say restored: picture earthen floors, no electricity or running water and four walls that have seen a lot of work - preparing and baiting fishing lines, curing, smoking, salting and drying fish. Visit Aberdeenshire.



Two Jet Skis - so no sea birds.



Playing in the sea - in wet suits of course.  This is the North Sea.



A very strange boat.

Back home.  Watching baby birds being fed.  The DP has begun the interior painting of the new walls in the Shedudio.






I have done not a lot.

4 comments:

Chris said...

What a wonderful picture you paint of days gone by and the life of the fisher folk of the East coast. I have vivid memories of visiting a fishing village, Auchmithie, near my birth place of Montrose although the fishing industry had already died out there.

Sue in Suffolk said...

It is definitely a proper Studio now, much too posh for the shed prefix!
Just pondering what short plump people (ie me!)look like in wet suits.......I'm not going to find out anytime soon!

crafty cat corner said...

I missed yesterday's post about poor old Sith. I can imagine how you felt, I would have been having a heart attack.
My Daughter is getting a dog soon and we will be looking after it for two days a week. Not sure how the cats will get on, am hoping that they all retreat upstairs, have got some baby gates to keep the dog contained, fingers crossed.
Stair lifts are a boon. I could see that Tom was getting a bit frightened sometimes when he got to the top of the stairs, especially if he'd done both lots.
Nothing can be done so we just get on with it, not nice though is it?
Briony
x

Catriona said...

We awere at Stonehaven last week and it was glorious except for a monsoon during one night. There were paddle boarders out and also fishermen setting their lobster creels. It was a lovelt few days right by the sea in our motorhome at the Caravan Club site.