Saturday 23 June 2018

A day ending with Trauma.

The DP was away at 4 a.m. travelling with fellow bird watchers to the Isle of Hanna.

So I had to make me own breakfast.  Go collect a paper.  Do my walk before lunch.



Deserted beach.  Apart from the Gull Gang.



Bobbing up and down.



En masse.



A dog is sighted running towards the birds, so it is up and off.

In amongst this lot is a Sandwich Tern.



Here are some more, black heads pointy beaks.

I did a bit of painting in the afternoon.  So gloomy here, never saw the sun.  No wind.  

Back up to the house.  I heard dogs barking.  Went out to the front of the house, dogs barking, at the side, yet again Sith has been treed.  And the dogs are still barking, Jack Russells , who I know from my past kill cats.  This is the third time in as many weeks.

I shouted, don't know where I got the breath from, and watched them bound through the Barley and back home.  The DP not expected home for hours.  Last time he had to get a ladder and get Sith cat back down.  Me - ladder?  No way.  I stood at the road side talking to Sith.  Cars zoomed past.  This is  a narrow road.  Sith remained totally fluffed.  And up the tree.  On the third attempt to talk him down I thought it might be a good idea to get some photographs.




He finally decided it might be ok to come down.




Look at the size of those pupils.




Seven years we have lived here and I never knew we had an Ash tree in the Spinney.

I had to move some brambles so he could see the fence.  Bit of a stretch, he made it and has had a lot of strokes since.

I really cannot cope with this.  But I did.  

Oh and the DP's trip, well it was so windy the ferry was not running to Handa. Ha.

4 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Oh dear, poor Sith and poor DP and well done for getting the camera out to catch the descent.
Why is it cats can go up much easier than they will come down?

Chris said...

I hope he is not too traumatized by his adventure. It's lucky dogs can't climb trees!

Anonymous said...

you were brave to do what you do,, your love for sith is strong,, today you should rest!

Connie said...

How many lives does Sith have left? Careful Sith when you venture out.
I do enjoy your blog, love your seaside pics. Makes me wish I lived close to the sea but being near to Lake Ontario in CDA will have to do.

No sun for us for two days here. The rain is much needed as the lawns and crops are very thirsty. Today I'm taking care of indoor things.
Have a wonderful day.