Monday 4 June 2018

Been a difficult day.


My hero.  This afternoon he was pootling about on the patio.  When Peter Rabbit appeared.  He chased it!  Saw it off the premises.  Amazing.

I had a telephone call from Social Services.  I answered lots of questions.  My request for personal care will go before a committee of multi disciplinary backgrounds.  On Thursday.  This will decide which of the disciplinary teams will contact me first for an assessment.

I did not enjoy answering the questions as it is depressing to relate just what your limitations are. Plus I get out of breath now, just talking.  One of the things he advised was to get Power of Attorney in place.  So that either of us can speak for the other.  So does that mean my brain goes next?  

Apparently the DP will be assessed to see what help can be given to him as my carer.  They seem, quite rightly, to be concerned about the carer as they are of the one who feels guilty about them caring, washing, cleaning, cooking et al.

Weather been overcast, cool and spitty.  Not done a lot apart from continuing the trio of Oystercatchers, watercolour on canvas.



6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I hope you can find some positives in what seems like a negative at the moment. No-one likes to admit their limitations.

I hope that your painting the Oystercatchers helped to cheer you up. You have made me want to scribble again . . . though I have never painted with watercolours. I'm still remembering the poster paint days of school!

crafty cat corner said...

I know we have this to come in the future so feel for you both.
Tom has now developed a cough and I think he is getting shorter of breath, although he says he isn't.
Because of the position of the front door and other factors it looks as though we will not be able to have a stair lift installed. This means that eventually he will be housebound. Not looking forward to that for him. Let's hope it isn't too soon.
It's sgood that you have your painting and I'm loving the Oystercatchers.
Briony
x

Anonymous said...

please remember these assessments are a set package of questions that they ask, I know it makes us feel terrible when we answer them, accepting ones limitations is crap, especially when most of us fight each day to show what we CAN do ,, not emphasize what we cannot do. It's over now, you did your part and put it behind you,, tomorrow is another day. Any help they offer is wonderful and its good to have this set in place as time progresses,, sucks I know but we get older everyday, those of us with medical issues rarely improve everyday, its usually the other way around, again that sucks but its all just politics in the end. If you meet the criteria you get help, take what is offered if you choose, don't worry, with your spunk and determination you will see all of them to retirement!! It also gives the local workers work! My daughter worked for the Red Cross here for years, going into the home of people needing help with things, she loved her job and most of her clients, keep our local home nurses working!!Take care my friend, I think of you often,, you are an inspiration,

BadPenny said...

It must be hard to answer questions about your abilities to get help for your disabilities but you and the Dawn Patroller deserve some extra help now xx

kjsutcliffe said...

Sending a paint-splattered hug xx

DUTA said...

Hope you and your husband get the help you need from Social Security. It'll change your life to the better.