Friday 22 June 2018

Friday. Onward and Upward.

Still windy.  To the Prom.  Out of the car.  To the railings and breathe.  After some deep breathings, remembering to keep the shoulders relaxed.  ( Anyone who has lung problems will know how those shoulders go upwards - a no no.)

Once in control of breathing.  Take pictures.


The beach here is so beautiful.  I cannot believe I am here, alone, to view it.  Not really alone.  There are cars in the car park, some with their engines running..... scoffing their lunches and never get out of said car, no, some do to put rubbish into bins.. have their engines running - why?


But I am also happy to be the only one to view it.


There were two Surfers.


Tide well out.


Let Sleeping Gulls lie.



The small Gulls are Kittiwakes.  A first for me!  Bonny birds.

Back home.  Such a pleasure now.  The wind still very stiff but the shedudio is pleasant.  So, no painting today, but some sorting. Re -hanging.  Cleaned another window with the white vinegar.  Most people could do the whole lot of windows but not me, one is an achievement I tell you.






Now whacked.  

7 comments:

DUTA said...

Sounds rather deserted, scary place. The people in the cars are probably lovers.
Your studio looks very neat and organized. Vinegar is a wonderful cleaning agent. I buy the cheapest and it never fails me.

Jean. said...

Ooo, I hate cleaning glass. We do not get on. No matter how hard I try, or whatever substance and method I use, I always end up with a smear. Even if I think I've achieved perfection, the next day the sun shines on it, and there it is, a smear staring back at me, waiting to be wiped away!
I love, love, want your shedudio, it's pure luxury. :-)

Chris said...

What a grand spot you have for your painting, so bright and well organized.

crafty cat corner said...

I feel this way when I go up to the work room, there's something peaceful up there.
I think it's illegal to leave your engine running like that, but I don't expect anyone is going to stop them there.
Briony
x

lynney62 said...

I love your shedudio! So lovely peaceful and quiet! Right now, I'm sitting on my deck (aka, patio) in central Illinois, where for some unknown reason, today our temps are 71 degrees and our humidity is very low and there's this fabulous breeze wafting over me...It is heaven all of a sudden in midsummer!! I love your pics of the Prom! I'm an "ocean lover" who only reveled in the ocean once on a sailing trip through the Virgin Islands years ago...great memories!

SusanM said...

We were up in that area last week visiting Maggie's Hoosie which was fascinating. It's a really old fishing cottage preserved just as it was in its day. Walked along the beach towards Fraserburgh too. We also visited Footdee fishing village in Aberdeen which is beautiful. The sheds and studios in the gardens are lovely.

Bovey Belle said...

Hah - you made me laugh - "remove shoulders from ears" is something I have to keep telling myself!! I guess we hold onto a lot of tension when we struggle to breath. I used to do Yoga, and guess it would do me good to take it up again, although tbh, I find walking the most therapeautic thing of all. I am glad you got some breaths of sea air, which I hope helped you although those selfish people with their engines running won't have done.

Those Kittiwakes are so pretty. Lovely gull photos.

Your reinvented Shedudio must bring you such joy - and I love your beautiful paintings.