Tuesday 26 June 2018

Black dog - now gone.


This creature had one of his visits in the last few days. I painted this picture.  I guess any of us who has a long term illness, or not, has a visit now and then from Black Dog.  Half the battle is to recognise its presence and to know it will depart.  Many bloggers have commented recently on mental illness and depression.  It is far more common than many of us realise.  But we should acknowledge it and support each other.  Anyone want to know about the Black Dog just google it.  There is an amazing, supportive clip on the Black Dog.

Right.



My visit to the Prom and I saw the yacht again, so maybe it is not heading for Portsoy, well not yet anyway.



This wee fishing boat I think was Mackerel fishing.  There were a lot of happy gulls behind it which appeared to be feeding on the bits of fish no-one wants apart from a Gull. But it may have been sorting the Lobster Pots out.  But certainly fed the Gulls on something.



The Gull Gang today at the waters edge.

And really having fun.








The DP has been painting on and has almost finished all the new walls first coat!  Thrilled.





Three finished canvases, larger than the ones I have done before.  I have sent off for a spray varnish which is allegedly better for the environment being water based, and better for my lungs.  With the good weather we are experiencing at the moment I will be able to do the spraying outside so even better.




The garden is blooming.  I spent a long time replanting plug plants from an offer in -I forget.  I remember it being pretty tedious.  But it has paid off.  Colour bursts everywhere.  Although the DP had a strong word with our lawn mowers/strimmers that the Foxgloves were not weeds and lets hope they come back..... The plants and the grass cutters.....

At the moment I have fingers and toes crossed that my youngest child gets the job she is being interviewed for tomorrow which will recognise her degree and MA rather than the zero hour crap job she is doing.  Then the Black Dog will grow wings.

10 comments:

rusty duck said...

Best of luck to youngest daughter. But if not this one she must keep trying, she’ll get there in the end.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hope to hear your daughter got the job, fingers crossed

Joan (Devon) said...

Good luck to your daughter and to all of those who are visited by the black dog.

Scarlet said...

Good luck to your daughter. My younger daughter was made redundant last month, but started a new job last week. Just something else to add to my woes as, despite it being a management position, it is zero hours :(

Sandi said...


Do you mean that as a metaphor? I have a friend who used to see a black dog, but it was a demonic spirit. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be creepy. Jesus sent it away.

BadPenny said...

Your painting of the wretched creature is wonderful.
Foxgloves weeds ??? Oh no ! I can't grow them or lupins. Fingers crossed for your daughter xx

The Weaver of Grass said...

What a comfort your studio must be on dull and wintry days or when you are feeling low.

vic said...

Too bad that lawn mowers aren't also gardeners and thereby able to easily tell the difference between plants and weeds. So far I am able to do my own lawn mowing and only accidentally clip off edges of the beds with my weed eater. I'm much more forgiving of myself than of a stranger with clippers in hand.

I love the look of your studio----those wide open windows are wonderful-----all that great sunshine available to you.

crafty cat corner said...

I feel for you. When you have a permanent illness it's sometimes difficult to keep cheerful. We both have our up days and down.
At least the sunshine makes things look better.
Briony
x

Bovey Belle said...

I am glad your personal Black Dog has gone to water a bush somewhere else! We all get those awful black days (except my husband it seems, who just tells me to "snap out of it" as if such a thing were easy to do). I think we just have to try and find the teensiest positives to help chase B. dog away - hopefully your beautiful garden will do that. It really is looking lovely. And tidy. Not like MINE!!