Monday 27 April 2020

Nature carries on regardless.

Our house is called Cherry Cottage.  I would prefer something more Scottish.  Hey ho.  We have two cherry trees which produce cherries.  The rest are ornamental.


This is one of two that grow real cherries.  The Blackbirds get most.  

This photograph is interesting in that it shows the lane alongside and you should be able to see how narrow it is.  Cars zoom up and down this lane as its treated as a short cut to the Aberdeen road.  The main reason I drive to the Prom.  The chariot and I would be risking life and limb to walk on the lane.  To Anonymous.  My half hour walk is the total time it takes me to walk to the Kessock Burn with frequent stops to get breathing again.  COPD is like breathing through a straw.  Try it.


One of the ornamental cherry trees.  In past years this would be smothered in bees , sadly not this year.  Too much weed killer and other chemicals around.

I will show the other cherry trees tomorrow.



The beach today.  Two surfers.  No-one else.



Art of today.  Another Oystercatcher and a Heron.

I go down to the Shedudio after lunch.  Then late afternoon we/I go to the Prom.  I used to go there after lunch.  But now we know no-one or very few others are there late afternoon so thats when we go.

Adapting.  As one must.  Envying Nature.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Country roads can be very dangerous so going to the beach is sensible and it is allowed, so why not! I wish the police would use their common sense sometimes instead of becoming power crazed. Sarah.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes Jill I find Nature in all its guises a great comfort at the moment too.

Cheryl said...

Your garden looks beautiful and the ornamental cherry is exquisite. Nature is truly wonderful.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a beautiful tree. Glad you were able to get for your stroll. Take care.