Monday 19 August 2019

Lets talk about the weather.

Don't we always!

After lunch I went solo to the Prom.

It started off alright.








But I forgot to look behind me.


I am now sheltering under a veranda thing.  That is hail.  So I missed getting soaked and battered.  Phew.



Back home.  The Rambling Rector rose has managed to pull down his trellis.


The DP had to come to the rescue and give the Rector a hard prune, remove the trellis and has plans to tie up the remains to the fence rather than use the trellis.  This was in between more Ninja showers but rain not hail.

My two positives today.



Thrilled at a new Crocosmia planted itself.


Our ageing cat, Cait Sith, through a rainy window, on vermin patrol.  Cait Sith is Gaelic for Fairy Cat.  When we got him he was tiny.  His Cat Protection foster mum kept him down her bra!  Not possible now as he grew - a lot.



3 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Awful hail! Glad you had shelter.
Neat to have faerie orbs in Sith's photo.

Jackie said...

Hail hurts when it hits. Glad you found a place to shelter.

God bless.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This blog post from Prince Edward Island reminded me so much of your posts from your Scottish world. https://islandmusingswithmarie.blogspot.com/2019/08/going-home.html
Of course, it is not the same, but the sea, the dune, the bird - it seemed so kindred.