Friday 26 April 2019

TGIF.

Thank goodness its Friday, although one day is pretty much like another when one is retired!

I have a new personal carer.  She who washes me.  S is leaving to work in a care home so I now have V who is very nice, we will get along fine.

Today was the meeting of the Fraserburgh Art Group, which I am still nominally the secretary despite my request to not be...  I did not go today, I had done all the paper work.  Turned out I did the right thing as one of the committee members, who not long ago was hospitalised with pneumonia, so you would think she would know better,  struggled in to the meeting with a sore throat, coughing, but announced her chest was fine.  Well whoopy do.

Instead I went to the Prom.  For the clean sea air.  Plenty of that as it was still breezy.


Look at that sky!


Gull Gang out in force.


Until some people headed straight for them.


Up and away.


A pair of Oystercatchers.


Back to the Shedudio and some painting.  The cat now needs some rectification on the right eye, me and indigo again.....


Pleased with the blowsy Tulips progress.



My Neighbour and Friends kids training the dog made me smile!

I got the prescription!!  What a *** that receptionist is.  I stressed so much thinking I wouldn't get the drugs.

One of my followers has asked about my paintings.  As it says in my about me top right, I have a facebook page, Buchan Birds and Beasts, which is about my art.  There is a shop on there, which I must update.  Framed pictures involving glass I do not post out.  But a lot of my work is mounted which is easier to post and you do your own frame, makes it cheaper as well as framing does not come cheap.  Not the frames I get done!

So - the last antibiotic took this morning.  Hope that's the last for some time.

6 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

What a thoughtless, irresponsible committee member who showed up sick. People like that drive me bonkers!

I'm in the midst of fighting a royal battle with autoimmune hepatitis. My doctor has warned me, "You're doing good with the liver disease. Catching the flu on top of that would spell disaster for you." Like you, I avoid the hospital, the clinic, the pharmacy like the plague. Wearing a double layer mask, invariably I'll run into someone I know who wants to HUG ME! Arrrrrrrgh!

Anonymous said...

The water and beach look amazing ! It’s snowing like crazy here right now, never ending snow! Your painting is coming along beautifully, good thing you stayed home, I just don’t understand people going out in public when sick, such a careless act, the last thing you need is a chest cold or flu!

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm glad you got the back up meds to keep handy, hoping you won't need them anytime soon.

The trouble with a vase of blousy tulips is when you carry them through to the kitchen ready to put out in the bin then all the petals fall off leaving a trail to pick up!

wherethejourneytakesme said...

We used to get sick people coming in to work all the time and before you knew it everyone was going down. I used to go round each morning with Dettol on the door handles and shared photocopier.
The flowers are really good - hope you can sort the 'eye' out.

Jules said...

My first thought when I saw the top photograph was "just look at that sky!" Stunning. X

Jean. said...

I look forward to seeing the cat picture completed, it looks really lovely so far. Have you ever painted a portrait of Sith ?