Monday 22 April 2019

Improving along with the weather.

Sunshine again.  Warm too, though the wind is back.  Sorry - breeze.  Stiff breeze.

So I am getting better.  Which is good.  However as usual I then overdo things, or try to.  I decided to sort out my wardrobe.  After SIX attempts and sitting down in between and doing breathing exercise.  I now have two bags for the charity shop and things hung in groups, like tops, bottoms, long things and even longer.  Actually if I am really honest I did almost the same number of attempts yesterday to fill the first charity bag.... Oh and I now have all the empty hangers in the other wardrobe which houses the vacuum and the defunct, no longer use, ironing board.

So to the Prom.


Just how I like it - not many people.

Although the gulls were still out at sea.


Tide still its on way in, so in the next few days there should be more beach for the Sea birds to land on.




Two fishing boats away on the hunt.



The Kessock Burn not knowing which way to go due to all the banks of weed.

Back home.  Enjoying the peace and birdsong.  When the gardeners landed.


Two men went to mow and a strimmer strimming.



The first cut this year.  What happened to a little off the top first?  Completely shaved.  I did get to warn the demon strimmer to stay away from the new hedge.  Although whether it survives an occasional drowning by the DP and no rain otherwise we shall see.


Before the gardeners arrived I noticed our proper cherry trees as opposed to ornamental ones were finally coming in to bloom.  Once the cherries appear its a race between us and the Blackbirds.

The DP will be out when its dark as there is the Lyrid Meteor shower due.  Every year it happens.  You will have to look it up.  I have aching fingers now after such a long blog.  Night.


3 comments:

Chris at Days in My Life said...

I haven't had to cut my grass yet. Hope your new hedge survives the ministrations of the gardeners!

busybusybeejay said...

Glad that you are feeling better but don't overdo it.Superb photos as always.

Jackie said...

Glad to read you are feeling better. It is a race between us and the birds with our cherry trees as well. Sometimes I win and sometimes they do.

God bless.