Saturday 20 April 2019

A Summers Day.

Antibiotics, now had 3.  Steroids 2 after breakfast.  Onward.

Beautiful day as I think has everyone.  Warm 17 degrees thats warm for the North East of Scotland.  No wind which is far more important to me.


Flat, calm sea.  Tide full.  Holidaymakers on the beach, they are the ones with little clothing.  

I unfastened some buttons on my coat...




Two small fishing boats and the Lifeboat.  The further out the boats were the mistier it was.  Probably a Haar.


I am on holiday therefore I wear a vest top and have a paddle.  And get goose lumps.


Everyone I know who is a Prom regular had their coats on!


Both doors open in the Shedudio.


I did a bit on the Spoonbill, but it will have to get much better or its going in the bin.



The rings.  Well Duta I tried all the ways and means to get the ring off without cutting it but due to Osteoarthritis the lumps are bony and no soap would get them over the knuckle.  I feared the wedding ring would become embedded.  So cut it was.  More gold fitted and you cant see the join.  The engagement ring I hadn't been able to wear for some time but now enlarged fine.

Someone asked about their design.  I didn't want an engagement ring like the norm.  This was from a designer jeweller in York.  We returned to the same jeweller and asked him to make a wedding ring to fit with it.  A funny aside.  We became engaged as the DP was standing as a councillor.  My Father was a Methodist and of the old school.  We knew it was going to go in the papers, obviously, and as we lived together we felt it would be easier for my Dad if his friends saw this but knew we were engaged.  Not long after this my Dad died.  So to give my Mother something to do we asked her to arrange the wedding reception!








4 comments:

Jean said...

Your rings are beautiful and so is your wedding photo. Yes you can always tell the holiday makers from the locals.

Chris at Days in My Life said...

What a handsome couple! You picked a good one.

Lizzie said...

I love the design of your rings. It’s great that you can wear them again. Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend, although I know your holidays up there are different to ours further south.

BethB from Indiana said...

I love your rings and the Spoonbill painting--to my untrained eye, it's very good.