Friday 12 April 2019

Departed.

All the family are now safely home.  The DP had to take youngest to the train station.  Combined with a bird watching jaunt at the Ythan Estuary.


Little Egret.  Ythan also has lots of seals and lots of Terns nesting now.  Wildlife protected area so one stays well away.  They can all be viewed from the other side of the estuary.

I had my bi weekly wash down and hair washed.  Moisturised and ready to face the world.  So off to the Prom after lunch.


Cold and a strong wind.  I did not walk far.



A lot of seaweed on the beach.


The Gulls enjoyed the weed.


Not many people about.

Home.  Shedudio.  Cold enough to light the stove.  Just sat and watched the birds.  

We now have 3 pairs of Siskins.  A pair of Yellowhammers.


Female of the species.


Two male Greenfinch.  Fingers crossed they lure in some females.

Now a question for you all.  I have knobbly knuckles and twisted fingers.  On my ring finger a knuckle has suddenly swelled.  How do I get the wedding ring off so as to get it made bigger so I can continue wearing it.  Both finger knuckles have suddenly swelled.


Help!  Do I get the ring cut off or........?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

or cut the finger off ? lol, just joshing you,,,,, wow, they are swollen, I doubt the old butter your finger tip will work for this one,, maybe when the swelling goes down a bit it will squeeze off. Is it painful? I wonder if you put ice on it if it would shrink a bit to allow the ring off, its a beautiful ring, your bird photos are lovely and it sounds like a lovely restful time after all the excitement of the last few days.

crafty cat corner said...

I had to have my wedding ring cut off a few years ago, my finger was in danger of being cut off, lol
I just don't wear a wedding ring now.
My hands are all lumpy and bumpy but funnily enough they don't cause me any pain, only the thumb, it's all the other joints that are painful but I tell myself it's nothing compared to what Tom has.
Love the photo of the various birds together.
Briony
x

Jules said...

Hold your hand up for a while, spray some WD40 on your finger and around the ring, hopefully remove it, then wash well. Hope it works. X

justjill said...

The general consensus of opinion is a proper jeweller who will cut off the ring and resize it. The joints are boney not swellings so doubt they will go down or be happy with wd40 or whatever.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

You could try ice to reduce the size of your finger first and neat fairy liquid around the ring to make it slippy.
Lovely photos - it must have been so peaceful to sit and watch the birds after your busy few days.

DUTA said...

I would suggest using soap for a week or so. Since the ring is not thin, trying to cut it off without loosening it a bit might not be a clever idea.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Many of my joints are swollen - I have severe arthritis. I certainly couldn't get my wedding ring off as the knuckle bone is so distorted. The trouble with having the ring made bigger is that it is then too big and although it won't slip off it will wriggle up and down irritatingly. The same goes for my engagement ring - I can't get it anywhere near.

slimsdotter said...

Youtube "string trick to get ring off finger". You will want the DP to help you. The concept is to put a string up under the ring, then carefully but tightly wrap your finger with sock yarn, or dental floss, or similar thin sturdy material. Then you (DP) pulls on the string at the top side of the ring, and this will unwrap it, pushing the ring down over the wrapping. We do this in the Emergency room where I work and it almost always is successful, saving having to cut the ring off.

slimsdotter said...

I forgot to say, I faithfully follow your blog from Wyoming USA, but don't comment because it feels stalkerish. But you have brought me out of hiding because I am quite sure this string trick will help you with your ring.