Saturday 13 April 2019

Saturday severing day!

Well I did try some of the suggestions on removing the wedding ring.  But the bony bits would not play ball.  

So I got myself in to a real state but messaged a couple of local jewellers.  

Unique Jewels Ltd messaged back and asked me to come on down.  I was offered a seat on a very low settee, which I knew I would never get up from.  Then a wheeled office chair was carried over.  So I had the perfect throne.  My coat was removed.  After starting off with a terrifying looking piece of equipment the jeweller decided to go with the smaller effort which just went through the gold ring like butter.  Pincers to open it and remove.



Strange how where the ring was is still so narrow.  Anyway I was measured.  He is to put a piece of gold into the ring to get it to the size where I can remove it.  He also is to look at the engagement ring which fits with the wedding ring so I can wear that too.  All good.  All at a very reasonable price.  And will be done next week.  So I am well pleased.

So the DP and I went to the Prom.



some waur wishin ashore ess mornin  

Right that is Doric for that is a lot seaweed washing ashore this morning.  Ok?


Lots of Gulls.





Breathing in sea air and watching the birds cannot be beaten.





Two happy snappers.

It was very cold in the strong wind.  So we were not out long.

Back to the Shedudio and I finally got back to painting.



This is an experiment following an art magazine project.  Canvas, apply textured medium, then add watercolour onto wet canvas and tilt in all directions.  Then see what you can find.  Allegedly sea gulls....  See how I go tomorrow.



Spoonbill from  friend's photo.


Progress on the Tawny Owl.

Bird watching.  We appear to have 3 pairs of Siskins, two pairs of Greenfinches.  And three at least visits by a Brambling!




And 2 pairs of Yellowhammers.

A happy day as it turned out.

8 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I always have bird watching envy when I see the interesting ones you get in the garden.

Good news about the ring

Chris said...

You were both well wrapped up today - must have been chilly. Love the bird photos. I just get plain old sparrows!

Anonymous said...

oh I'm glad you got that ring off and now you will be able to wear both comfortable, your painting is beautiful and sounds like an interesting technique, the spoonbill will be beautiful, I know it will lol,, your photos do look cold today, its snowing here right now,,isn't that just lovely,

Susan Heather said...

That is a gorgeous photo of you.

DUTA said...

I feel a bit disappointed when people choose the short way to do things, and even pay good money for it. The ring could have been removed and then dilated, unless you were in a hurry about it (it takes a few days to soften the place).I had this happen to me when I gained weight and the rings were small, so I know. I've done it.
Anyway, enjoy your recovered ring!

BethB from Indiana said...

Gorgeous pictures. That's a serious camera the DP has. Must be heavy around his neck.

I'm glad you had a good experience getting the ring removed.

Jean said...

I am envious of your yellowhammers. Glad you got your ring sorted.

Lizzie said...

You have such interesting birds in your garden. And is that a seal I see top left in your ‘experiment’?