Tuesday 23 April 2019

Downhill.


A good start to the day but then it went down hill.  Sunny morning, then the wind became stronger and stronger and as I went to the Prom the sun went behind a cloud.


Guess we are back to normal weather, well definitely today.


Being positive it was not cold.  But the strong offshore wind was making the sand grains bounce off my face, not pleasant.


High tide was later today so really good to see all the Gulls.




I hold on to the things that give me pleasure.  I always feel mentally and physically better after a visit to the Prom.  My breathing is easier.  And I can walk!  The wind knocked me back but I did a bit.


The tulips I collected from the garden have opened up in the warmth of the Shedudio, outside they are more reserved.  I think I might have a painting here.




Even though there are no feathers or a beak!

While I was deciding what to do, which painting to add to,  I had a visitor.  My framer came to call.  We had a lot to catch up on.  He has taken away my Pheasant painting to frame.  One painting by a friend the DP has bought.  Also a Photograph.


When my visitor left I realised I was struggling.  I had been talking a lot.  Had enjoyed the visit.  But I was exhausted.  How stupid is that.  Downhill.

Life becomes more limited.  Par for the course of this disease.  

Hopefully back up the hill tomorrow.

6 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

I love the red tulip with the shadows of the under lying petals showing through, beautiful.
Briony
x

Bovey Belle said...

It's always too easy to overdo things without really realizing it till it hits you! We were like that yesterday after walking round and round at Malvern. (Legs like chewed string!)

I hope a good night's sleep (and no talking in it!) will get you back to normal tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, it’s such a struggle isn’t it, you have a wonderful spirit to travel this lung disease journey, your painting is beautiful and those tulips you will do full justice I just know it, it will be beautiful!

Gail, northern California said...

Even when you're downhill, you manage to post something wonderful for us and lift our spirits. Love the brightly-colored tulips and your pheasant painting. Thank you.

Fishcake_random said...

I agree with you, those flowers definitely need immortalising in paint x

Rosie said...

I am glad you were able to get to the Prom. If I lived near there I think I would love it too. I hope soon to see a painting of the tulips! I really enjoy seeing your art, you are so talented.