Monday 29 April 2019

An exciting day.


Feeling so well I did my pulmonary physio exercises.  Every one.  Marching on the spot, Quads, Sit to stand, pole raising, arm weights, steps, yay.

After lunch to the Prom.  A beautiful day.  Sunshine, no wind, coolish.  I walked.  Quite a bit.


Low tide, as I like it, as then you see the birds on the beach.  Well, on the edge.



Lobster boat returning to harbour.



There the birds are.


Until along comes the cyclist.  


Kessock Burn sorting itself out.


Good to see how clear it is.


Favourites, the Oystercatchers.  Posing for a painting.  Most definitely.


We have the decorators in.  Who have far more paint on themselves....


At the end of the rocks by the caravan park were some Skurries.  Never seen birds seen birds in that area before.  Nice.

The exciting bit.

The DP and I have been discussing the garden.  This has been going on for some time.  

The only access I have is out the back door down the path and to the Shedudio.  

So today we had a garden designer visit.  Lots of questions.  What did we want to keep.  What would we like to see etc.  Access for me is the biggest and must have.  So she filled three pages of questions and answers.


The DP then took her round the garden.





She will now draw up her ideas and send with her quote for doing proper drawings.  We can then decide what is a priority and do the work in stages if necessary, i.e. the price of doing...  We were both well impressed with her.  Some of her ideas were things we had never thought of.  So watch this space.  I enjoyed the whole experience.  It was as if I had been given another chance at doing things.  Understand that?  One thing she talked about was raised beds so I could get my hands mucky again.  Exciting.

5 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

That would be wonderful to garden again in raised beds - I can feel your excitement - I am excited for you.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Such a great day for you with lots of successes, interests, and things to anticipate! You are inspiring me to try to get more serious about my exercise.

Jules said...

Garden designs sound very exciting. I'm always in awe of people who are able to come up with interesting new ideas for a space. It will be like one of those garden makeover shows. X

Jean said...

That sounds wonderful.

Rosie said...

What a great day you had, very happy for you and that you are feeling better again. The new garden plans will definitely boost your spirits (maybe you can have a wee nip!!). When we were in Ben Nevis we did a tour of the distillery and every time someone joined our group we were given a wee nip and soon our spirits were lifted! I can still hear that lovely Scottish accent.