Thursday 2 November 2017

Looking at the beauty of nature. Forget the rest.

Somewhat later for the walk today.  We had the 'wash up' meeting for FASE 4.  Positives were that our small band of committee members want to continue and have FASE 5 in 2018.

The DP managed to break his glasses during the meeting.  So while he went off to the opticians I went down to the beach and the Prom for my walk.  4 p.m. as opposed to my normal around 2 p.m.




The tide was well out.  The Sun was beginning to set behind me.  The sea and the water on the beach were reflecting the pink in the sky.


Having had a bit of a struggle today with the breathing, despite having completed all my pulmonary physio exercises, I was more than happy to just look and take photos.



The Gull gang were all there.

The DP walked back from the opticians and told me the glasses were unrepairable and the new ones were £500.  Well - that will be the visa whacked up again.  How come NHS is free, our prescriptions are free but we still have to pay for eyes and teeth?  Both of us have given up on dentists.  The DP has a lifelong fear of dentists.  I have me teeth and hope to keep them.  But eyes - you need.  I had a letter from the Hospital to apologise re my second cataract op and the delay.  I have one eye 20/20 thanks to the cataract op I had.  So not going to rant about that.  Just make sure my head is on a slant when I am drawing and painting!

And looking at the greatest artist - nature.


1 comment:

BadPenny said...

£500 for glasses ???!!! My recent dental treatment wasn't too expensive.