Friday 22 September 2017

What have you done today?

Great song by Heather Small.

However the answer is "Not a lot."

Every so often I have a day like today where I crash.  As I am retired and had nothing planned other than the list in my diary of things to do......I could go with the flow.  Realise I am old, tired, doing NEOS for 9 days and the FASE meeting yesterday has flattened me.

I managed to email the cooncil and book the room for the next meeting.

Managed to get washed and dressed.  Had lunch. Boiled egg the easy option with a Ryvita and pate.

Drove to the beach.  Watched people walking past the car with their hair blowing, trousers blowing, and thought shall I?  Should I?  But then I had got this far so I did.





Looks lovely doesn't it.  Aye but it was a struggle to get this far.


The tide was very high, Autumn Equinox and all that.  There was this thing coming in with the tide.  


I think it was wood, I think its come off a boat.  No doubt tomorrow, when it is even windier, so fingers crossed for the walk, I will see it cast up on the shore and be able to more identify it.

Home again jiggety jig.  

Shedudio.  Carried on doing nothing but watching the birds.  3 swoops from the Sparrow Hawk so there's the energy from the Autumn Equinox which bypassed me, so not much to see.



3 comments:

Eloise said...

Haha, I was singing to my grandson only this morning...To market, to Market to buy a fat pig. Home again, home again jiggety jig! I like 'free' days when I just go with the flow but I get very few of them. Eloise thisissixty.blog

Lanniesmum said...

My goodness, Jill, you deserved an easier day today. Your pictures are always so enervating as I love the sea in every season and weather. Catriona

The Weaver of Grass said...

I get my kicks out of your sea photographs Jill - living so far from the sea makes
me long for it sometimes. Hope that 'thing' comes ashore tomorrow so that we can see what it is.