Friday 29 September 2017

From Little Acorns.

One of my visitors to North East Open Studios was a local Primary School Teacher.  He brought his own kids and so I gave them something to do.




The kids loved it as much as the grown ups.

So my Primary School Teacher obtained some Brusho Paints for his class. 
(I am not mentioning Brusho for any reason.  You can also get the same effect by dipping a toothbrush into paint and running your finger across the bristles and get a spattering effect.)

One of the parents brought in a Lobster and a crab.


Then the kids painted their portrayal.  






These are so good from - the lower end, cant remember which age, - of primary school.  I was blown away.  

So I had a word with the man in control of our hanging of the exhibition for FASE 4 and they are all in.  To be hung and exhibited.  This is what a community based Art exhibition is about, isnt it?  

This school and many others in Fraserburgh and surrounds have all had a go at the 'bunting' depicting My Town.  

I too am doing some bunting, guess the theme, aye, sea birds - Of My Town !  

Even the photographers have chopped up their photos to fit onto a bit of bunting.  

Photos of all will follow.

Makes it all worthwhile, the stress I mean.

Would that I will still be around when the Oak Trees Grow.

3 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

Very cool!! Nice idea and great results. I love the idea of kid's work being displayed!! When I walk down the hallways of my grandchildren's schools I always look to see what the kids are currently working on in their art classes - the teachers hang the work outside their classrooms.

Chris said...

I'm guessing the kids drew the shape of the animal then spattered the paint on and cut it out - or maybe the other way round? In any case the effect is spectacular.

kjsutcliffe said...

Well done you, inspiring others! A friends of mine one sent me a quote and it said. ... an artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires!