Monday 4 September 2017

Monday and its poster day for NEOS.

Please do not think as I witter about NEOS that I am not concerned as to what is going on in the world.  The scary things, the sad things, et all.  I confine my comments on all those things to Facebook.  The strangest thing is from FB I had a bit of a spat with someone who is a supporter of the Tory party and he is now following my Art page , and likes it.  Hope for all that we all can get along and find similarities.

So today it has persistently rained.  I havent walked for two days now and am beginning to sieze up.  So that every movement is an oo ow .  All I have done is the YELLOW SIGNS.  The Yellow signs are something that the punters are supposed to follow when doing the trail of North East Open Studios.  Now in a village, town, city you can easily look out for the yellow sign, then the next one, and the next one which is why they all have numbers on which links with the catalogue.  But when you are in the middle of nowhere........


So this one will be at the end of our lane where the two main roads split off into two, it makes sense if you follow the map.  

The red arrow is where the roads split.  Trust me.  

So you have a picture of the shedudio.  Which once on our lane you can actually see the shedudio for some distance away sitting beautifully in our back garden..Hint, clue for anyone trying to find us.  I should point out at this juncture that SAT NAV sends you up a cart track into a derelict farm.

TOTAL NIGHTMARE I TELL YOU.

This year we decided to plaster the house.





So all the tractor drivers know.

I am about ready for one to go on the remains of the damaged fence.  So the boy racers know.  Oh and we have decided to hang solar powered fairy lights on the fence too in the hope we can retain the one bit remaining.

Then its back to sign the roads which can meander to us.. The green crosses.


Still to produce the signs.  Tomorrow.

The DP will be off out to put up the ones on the road signs.   Saturday we wait and see if anyone does actually find us.  On offer will be not just a hell of a lot of my paintings but fruit cake from my friend Mary, the best shortbread in Scotland from my friend Olive and a Chocolate Cake from the DP.  

I hope we get loads of visitors, sales, fun and eaters of all the goodies, otherwise I shall cry all the way to becoming extremely fat.

2 comments:

Chris said...

What about some Scottish tablet? I love that stuff!
I looked for you on Facebook but you must be well disguised - any clues to finding you? Or do you prefer anonymity?

kjsutcliffe said...

You will get visitors, so stay back from the cake! I'd been thinking about your fence and the boy racers. Just a suggestion - don't mow the grass on that corner, let it go wild. The birds and wee beasties will like it and it will be a visual sign to drivers and they will probably avoid driving into it as it could have potential hidden hazards. Good luck with NEOS :)