Monday 8 June 2020

Things never stay the same.

This has always been my mantra.  When any of my kids were in tears over some wrong done to them or had happened to them or wasn't happening!  I used to say Things never stay the same.  And its true.

Shielding was/is voluntary.  The guidelines are just that and not rules.  After discussion with my doctor I decided to carry on going to the Prom for physical and mental health reasons and with the doctors full support.  In my chariot is a letter written by him for if the police stop me.  (Since he gave me the letter I havent seen the police! )  I dont go where people congregate and haven't done for long before this virus appeared as I would pick up chest infections.  Every chest infection damages my lungs so I haven't much left.  The only person to be too near me was a policewoman - and I told her!

And hey ho things are changing.  From the 18th I can go out to exercise.  

Today I went to the Prom......




Not many people.



Learning how to surf.



Paragliding off the dunes.




Boats.

I walked.



Gull Gang.

Before we went to the Prom I was painting some of the Gull Gang.



Bit like a jigsaw this one.  Enjoying it.

Weave I may do the baby Robin.  One of my aims is to paint each of our garden birds each one on a small canvas.  It would be fun to include a young one also.

The DP is doing a photographic challenge.  There are many challenges going the rounds to get people up and doing.  This one is for "Good things in my life."  This is what he posted up first.



So things never stay the same.  One day a down day and the black dog lurks.  The next is sunny and fun and a slight glimpse of light at the end of this dark tunnel.


6 comments:

vic said...

That little robin will make a great painting, he's adorable!!

Bovey Belle said...

It is up and down for us all at the moment. I did not enjoy yesterday - all sorts of "things" which HAD to be done, banking and things requiring concentration which is in short supply at the moment.

But hey ho, today we have sunshine - but I can only look out at it because of the pollen, and here in Wales we face an indefinite ("possibly summer long") 5 mile limit on how far we can travel. Rural areas (us) can exercise discretion but no jaunts out to the beach or a drive up into the mountains to cure the cabin fever! We will have to be inventive.

Glad you have some freedom anyway.

crafty cat corner said...

You are looking good Jill.
Briony
x

Sue in Suffolk said...

A bit of sunshine and all is right with the world again.

Ellen D. said...

A day to make you smile for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Christine H Hancock said...

It looks beautiful on your prom we have a beach near us, but no prom and I get nervous on the sandhills.