Tuesday 4 February 2020

Tuesday.

The DP IS tired still.  Not surprising.  Feel so guilty asking him to help me.  We got through the day.  Including him doing yesterdays shopping.

The Prom.



A better day as less wind.  I got out of the car and walked.






Gull Gang in the Kessock Burn.



The Oystercatchers were by the Caravan Park rocks.



Big boat on the horizon.

Enjoyed being out in the fresh sea air.  Oxygen inserted.  The tubes do have a tendency to remove my hearing aids!  So I have to keep checking they are still there.  (To keep the nasal tubes in the other bits loop around my ears to keep them taut so the nasal ones stay in.)

When home I check my finger thing first.  Checks my oxygen levels and pulse.  First can be scarily low and pulse scarily high.  It doesn't take long breathing in the oxygen for all to get rightened.  I am at the stage now where I need the promised visit from the therapist from the oxygen team to check I am doing things right.  I am also becoming more and more concerned, as is the DP that I am not eating enough.  Supplementary drink stuff I have had before.  But am reluctant to go into surgery where I  run the risk of picking up an infection.  I will try phoning and see where that gets me.  Getting fed up again.

4 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Glad that you got out and walked. Lovely photos as always.

Your poor man must be feeling like a pincushion today.

Sorry that you aren't eating well. Can you manage egg custards? I hope you can get some supplementary drinks again soon.

SusanM said...

I don't often comment but was asked on another blog today which are my favourite blogs. I said that I adore your photos and often look at them when I am missing the sea. You live about an hour away from me and before my husband's illness, we used to visit Portsoy and Sandend regularly. Visiting the coast makes me feel a million times better about everything. I love it there! So, please please keep taking and posting those photos, they are very much appreciated. Take care and look after yourselves.

Rachel Phillips said...

Pick up some Complan next time you're out. Most chemist stock it. I enjoy it. Doctors swear by it.

kjsutcliffe said...

Poor ol' DP - hope he feels fighting fit soon x

Have you tried eating smaller meals but more often - apologies if you have/or are already doing so - my thinking is that if you 'graze' through out the day, keep your energy levels up and having regular mini-meals may not be as overwhelming and help fill you up xx