Friday 15 January 2021

Friday.

 Morning taken up by carer.  Washed, moisturised and dressed.  As she was finishing the Community Nurse came to dress the pressure sore on my ankle.  

Be still my beating heart.  

First question from the nurse was 'Do you mind if I ask you your age?'

How odd.  It is usually to confirm your date of birth.  Perhaps my red hair confused her.  Although the other day the DP did say to me that I didnt look like an old woman!

I asked her about the jabs and she said they had no stuff to jab with.  

Confused.

To the Prom.  It had been sunny all morning.  Then it got misty as we set off.




I got as  far as the railings, walked a bit further.


He was having great fun diving into the waves.

Mad.

As you know I have COPD.  This was eventually diagnosed after I caught swine flu.  And did not seem to recover.  Continuous chest infections followed.  Now I am on 15 hours oxygen a day.  I did smoke.  Tried everything to stop.  Then heard about someone else who had COPD and he told me about vaping.  I now vape.  This gives one the nicotine but none of the other nasties.  So I managed to stop smoking.  I just have to not vape when using oxygen.  Easy.  I dont vape much.  Just enough now and then to stop the cravings.  They come when I have a coffee or a glass of wine.

Honest no point being any other way.

Night night.



4 comments:

Jackie said...

As your hubby says you don't look old at all and I love your red hair.

That swimmer must be mad to be out in the water at this time of year.

God bless.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Hooray for getting out and walking.

Perhaps his tattoos keep him warm!

mamasmercantile said...

I am not sure if he is brave or stupid...

Jean said...

Glad you got out today. How can that man swim in this weather? It is supposed to be good for you.