Friday 5 May 2017

Garden. Plus .

Not much to report.  I am getting better.  Chest infection going just the antibiotics to finish which really flatten me.  No energy.

kjsutcliffe artist  Answer to your comment on calcium, I take a multi vitamin tablet which includes calcium Centrum Women 50+.  Presumably after my bone density scan there may be more tablets prescribed, (I pay for the Centrum.)  Although the consultant who saw my original x ray said osteoporosis was slight.

To Chris Elliot neither of the two candidates I voted for got in. :(

We are currently having beautiful weather.  No rain tho so we are considering soaking a grassy area so that worms appear for the Blackbirds and Robins frantically feeding their young.  Beaks full of seed I am not sure is a good idea.

Our garden is bursting.




Rheum Palmatum.



Quince.


Clematis Montana.


Hope this Peony survives its move.  Look at those buds!


This is the bed that is crammed with Bishops weed.  Everything we want to save will be lifted out, a raised bed created, and then put back.  After the Bishop weed/ground elder is removed.  We have two peonies in here and the big Poppy plus lots of stuff which hasnt appeared and could be down to the Bishop Weed. Just hope they survive but my gardener says its the only way to get rid of the weed.


At the moment this is in the centre of the Patio outside the shedudio.  The Pansies are to be transplanted tastefully into a larger pot.  We have the pots, we have the peat free compost. Just need to find the ability to bend and do it.


This is the bit of garden which faces the shedudio.  Day Lilies yet to start flowering.  And the troughs to sort out.  

I so love gardening.  And I will do it.

5 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

You go girl! Xx

Chris said...

You are so far ahead of us I feel like weeping! We are so waterlogged today as we have had continual rain for three days and more is coming this weekend. Luckily I don't have to worry about flooding but some do.
Is most of your garden planted with perrenials? That's what I'm aiming for.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I just love quince (japonica) - I saw one in a garden near here the other day. It always reminds me of a wonderful one in our village when I was a child. It had been trained along a fence all round the garden and for a short while at this time of the year it drew villagers just to look at it.
As for clematis montana - mine has left the tree trunk it was climbing up and begun to climb along the clothes line. It is in flower at the moment and looks so pretty.

BadPenny said...

I love this time of year in the garden. Yours is looking lovely.

Anonymous said...

Carol from West Lothian here.

I love this time of year in my garden too. I've got some fuchsias hardening off to put in pots outside. All my gardening is in containers now - a transition I've been making since my back started to become a problem. Growing perennials and bulbs means they don't need a lot of attention apart from watering and feeding.

Looking at your patio pots, I wonder if you could raise the pots so you could garden sitting down? I know it's an additional expense and the wind can catch them more easily when they are raised. But a large wooden plant trough filled with compost and the existing pots sunk into it might help. I looked online and they are very expensive. Perhaps a local joiner could make one to your specifications, using leftover decking or fencing materials?