Sunday 20 August 2017

Sunday.

Still windy, but it dropped later.  Sunny but becoming cooler.

After lunch I had an unsuccessful trawl round looking for white leggings.  I had previously trawled various internet sites who appear to think white is for summer so tough.  None in stock.  I ended up with some white cropped trousers, so at least I got the colour and cover for the chicken legs under the new tunics.


White cropped trousers to go with this till I can find leggings.  (Cropped trousers on me become as per normal trouser length.)

Black leggings will have to do with this tunic.

I then went to the Prom/Esplanade.



Pleased - being selfish- we are returning to the deserted beach.  Although, out of sight, on the left was a gaggle of screaming kids so no Sea Birds at the end of the Kessock Burn.


When I saw this fishing boat with my eyes I thought it was green and immediately thought of the Owl and the Pussycat went to see in a beautiful Pea Green Boat....But its actually more a blue.  Anway its off   'oot on the hunt.'  



It being Sunday there were a fair few surfers out.  This one continually went the wrong way and never did catch the wave.





Just as I was back at the car I heard the calls of the Oyster Catchers and watched them land and managed a photograph.  When I got home and put it on the computer there was a Redshank as well.

 A fellow artist commented on my latest paintings on my facebook page, Buchan Birds and Beasts.  She said she would love to see what I did with a self portrait.  Now this is something I have never done, but not being one to ignore a challenge, I took it on.

This is my first go.  I have to say I did not enjoy looking at myself in a large mirror and seeing all the wrinkles and saggy chins.  But then I lost myself and enjoyed the exercise.


What larks!

8 comments:

marlane said...

That is an amazing self portrait !!

Gail, northern California said...

Love, love, love the top tunic. Any chance of pictures when you wear it?

Terra said...

I hope you find the white leggings you want and in the meantime enjoy the white cropped trousers. I like your self portrait, the hair especially.

galant said...

Yes, an amazing self-portrait, but you look prettier than that! Really! Yes, REALLY!

galant said...

Yes, that is an amazing self-portrait, but you are much prettier than that. Really! Yes, REALLY!
I love both those tunic tops, I'd love them. Perhaps you could wear navy leggings if only you could find some. What a shame leggings don't seem to come in more colours! They are so comfy to wear under tunic tops, aren't they?
Margaret P
www.margaretpowling.com

Mum said...

Red hair now?

The Weaver of Grass said...

I tried comparing your painting of yourself with your photograph on your blog page. Not a good likeness I would have said. You are much more attractive than that.

Eloise said...

Nice tunics, lovely photos. It is good to find relaxing activities like painting. I am utterly hopeless so your portrait is far better than anything I would do. I like to make cards and to write. Horses for courses!

Eloise thisissixty.blog