Friday 1 July 2011

Oh crikey!

I asked Mike to take down the two nest boxes fastened on to the shed. He took one down. Then discovered the other had a wasps nest in it. He managed to hook the nest out with a walking stick. (Then ran......)

Here is the nest with a wasp . Sitting on the path at the side of the shed and they are still going in and out of it. Not sure what we do next. Possibly leave it till dark and pour boiling water on it. I dont like having to do nasty things to animals but I know from bitter experience they can do nasty things to me. Needless to say no painting has taken place today.



Another battle arena . Who gets the cherries first Us or the birds? We have been advised to swathe the tree in net curtains. I dont do net curtains, but then remembered there are some at the garage window, left by our predecessors.....

A hare. I have seen a man walking two grey hounds, hope he doesnt let them off the leash.



This is a 7 Spot Burnet.



Wild Cranesbill?


Clover. Beautiful when its not in one's garden.



Another beautiful sunny day. Shame to be inside. But I caught up with the housework. Which leaves me with the whole of the day to carry on painting tomorrow. Wasps permitting.


2 comments:

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a wonderful post! I've never seen or heard of a 7 Spot Burnet, but how beautiful it is!

The outdoors keeps calling me outside to enjoy it today too. I made a deal with myself, for each inside chore I get done, I allow myself a few minutes to enjoy the sun outside.

It's very nice to meet you, I've enjoyed my first visit to your blog!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

justjill said...

Welcome Sherry! And thank you for enjoying - hope there will be more visits.